Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Just found this forum. Looks like a lot of good information here. I just bought a super clean low mile '94 Accord. Love it so far. The only issue so far is with the temperature dial all the way to the cold setting I am still getting hot air out of the dash vents. The fan works in all speeds and the button lights all work. The A/C comes on fine,but a little warm. Is there some sort of blending door or valve that might be bad? I would guess this might be a common problem that many of you know about. Thanks for all replies and I look forward to being on this forum.

·
Black 2015 EX-L V6 Sedan
1,185 Posts
Ahhhh yes... I've had a few accords of that generation... two 95s and a 97 V6. all which had a few of the same issues you're having.

Two things happen. One... The temperature knob can break so it no longer grabs the spindle it's supposed to turn... and two... the cable can stretch between the knob and the blend door unit/Climate control unit.

It's pretty obvious when the knob breaks... and if its the cable it's kind of a bitch to replace but do able.

I thought my AC wasn't working for a long time but once I felt the cold AC lines under the hood, I looked to the blend door cable... but some times it can be internal...

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heater Issue

Thanks this gives me a starting point. The knob seems to be connected as far as I can tell. I got one of the aftermarket manuals but it's not much help. Is there a factory manual I can download somewhere?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did that myself. It was a little low but right in the sweet spot now. I think I am still getting hot air mixed in with the A/C.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
There is also a heater core valve that is turned by the temperature knob. It should turn off the hot coolant flow through the heater core when the knob is set to cold. Check the cable is not frozen and is moving freely, it is under the hood near the firewall.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is also a heater core valve that is turned by the temperature knob. It should turn off the hot coolant flow through the heater core when the knob is set to cold. Check the cable is not frozen and is moving freely, it is under the hood near the firewall.
I think that may have been the problem. It was partly open even with the knob all the way to the cold setting.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
It can be adjusted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts