Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· For the love of the drive
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone!

I'm an excited new owner of a 2014 Honda Accord Sport (CVT), in Modern Steel Metallic. It was time to trade in a Nissan 4x4 for a long-distance travel car, and the Accord won my heart. I had narrowed down my choices to a 2015 Mazda6 Touring and the 2014 Honda Accord Sport. Both were good cars, but for some reason I just liked the Honda better. It did help that the Honda outperforms the Mazda on paper as well (can't wait until 600+ miles to test that!). My first car was an Acura Legend (super well used but still nice), and for some reason, I felt like I was back in the old Legend again once I got behind the wheel of the sport.

In my search for a new car, this forum kept popping up at the forefront of Google searches, and at almost 28k members, I can tell this is certainly one of the healthiest Accord forums out there. So, 4 days after buying the car, I had to make an account!

I'd love to network with and get to know some of you on the forums, so if you ever want to chat, just PM me. Especially if you live in the Charlotte, NC area. I'm all about heading out to some meets, cars and coffee, etc.

Just a bit about myself: I'm a rising engineering grad student (in biomedical and electrical engineering). I just graduated from Appalachian State University with a degree in Applied Physics (engineering physics concentration, and hence the ******* Physics name, haha). Please don't let that background fool you, I assure you I'm a down-to-earth kind of guy. I'm a strong Christian, conservative libertarian, and a big advocate of entrepreneurship and STEM education.

I love working on cars: whether it be maintenance items, repairs, or being involved in an "upgrade" design and fabrication project. I have been an active amateur mechanic for around 10 years now (most of that time spent working on Japanese import brands). One day, I hope to gain ASE technician certification (as a hobby or perhaps a small side business).

If I had more money and time, and did not have extensive warranty protection to worry about violating, I'd probably be upgrading the "you know what" out of the new Sport. Honestly, the Sport has a lot of what I like in a car already, at a nice attractive price, which is why I chose it over the Mazda.

Long story short: if anyone ever has a tough technical problem, I'm all ears. I'd love to help solve some of those mysteries that the dealerships and/or Honda corporate hasn't run into yet.

Looking forward to the ride,

Mike

· Registered
329 Posts
Welcome to the forums. This IS the best Accord site on the net. :)

Congrats on your new ride. I also considered the Mazda6. After my test drive, I wasnt sold on it so I headed over to the Honda dealer and test drove the v6 coupe. Was sold on that within minutes. I do admit that the Mazda is a good looking car.

I'm also a former Legend owner. Loved that car but unfortunately some drunk azz totaled it while it was parked in front of my house.

· For the love of the drive
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Welcome aboard Mike and congratulations on the new Sport. Post some pics or it didn't happen.....
Here you go User320, this is a pic of my lovely GF showing off the Accord:

Man, OGz, that makes me hurt just thinking about it. Wasn't the Legend great? It's always good to find a fellow owner. Such a good car... you really had to own one to come to appreciate it fully. Most of the magazines and reviews of the time didn't do it justice. In a way, the name was perfect, because it's a car that us former Legend owners can never forget.

I also considered the Mazda6. After my test drive, I wasnt sold on it so I headed over to the Honda dealer and test drove the v6 coupe. Was sold on that within minutes.
Gotta agree on the Mazda6. The car is gorgeous, especially in the Soul Red pearl/metallic. Still, there were just a few things missing here and there that the Accord delivered on. Plus, it seems like their industrial designers got a bit ADD with the controls and ergonomics. I can certainly say that I've never seen so many ways to control a stereo in my life.
I sat down in a demo Sport trim, and boom, I felt right at home! Even though the quality of assembly and construction seems to be a bit cheaper on the Accord, it seems like the design team invested a bit extra in the areas that really matter.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.