Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
How Fast Officer?
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone! Not really new to this site. I would surf through all these great helpful threads when something came up that I encountered or would look at all the members' pictures of their rides. And so today I decided to create an account and join this community of accord owners to create/receive feedback and enjoy this wonderful car Honda has given us.

Little bit about myself, I am from Los Angeles California. I have been driving for over 6 years now (Got my license at 18, do the math if you want my age :wink ). I was attending school at CSUF but due to some circumstances at home, I have my college career paused. Hopefully, in the near future I can return back to school to pursue a career in the medical field.Currently working full time at a plastics company that makes many products that you may have seen. For example, we work with many fast food companies and make those "Large Size" plastic cups. Also, we provide many Target's pharmacy their bottles for medication. We do lots of skin and hair bottle products like Neutrogena, Proactiv, Etc... and many other bottle applications.

My first vehicle I got to drive was my parents 2002 Chevy Tahoe. In 2013, I had saved up money to purchase my first new car, which was the 2013 Honda Accord Sport. Then after reading many posts here, I got hook on the touring model, especially the V6 engine. So, I made the switch to the touring model and have never looked back.

Here are some pictures, they are from an iPhone so the quality is not that great. Thank you and Enjoy!

This was my Accord Sport (traded) at Hollywood
IMG_1136.jpg

My V6 Touring, also at Hollywood :grin
IMG_0492.jpg

My first mod to my car, tints (Formula One Pinnacle Series 30% Front, 5% Rear)
AIMG_0511.jpg
Any feedback is welcome.

EDIT: This is the 2015 Accord V6 Touring Crystal Black Pearl with Black interior.

·
How Fast Officer?
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I forgot to mention on my post last night the mod list that I will be trying to tackle and they are, in no particular order:

OEM decklid spoiler
LED kit for interior
K&N 3.5L intake
Borla Exhaust Kit
Door Visors
Horn Upgrade (ordered yesterday)
Illuminated Door Sill
Floorliners
Wheels/rims - still debating on size and style
Maybe the Front, Side and Rear underbody spoilers
Hood air deflector
LED reverse and signal lights
and a few others things i may find and like.

Again any feedback is welcome, thank you. And to all my fellow Americans, Happy 4th of July!

·
Elvira
3,681 Posts
Oh you're That One Guy, Huh?

Welcome to the forum. As you already have experienced there are a lot of helpful, informative folks willing to help with detailing,engine repair, maintenance, etc. Someone will know the answer. If not, we'll make one up! J/K

Quick question....

With the water problem out there, how are you going about keeping the cars so clean and tidy?

Also love the avatar. That "look" is exactly the stare of disdain I use except there usually is a snort to follow.

Who's your bud?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Hello and welcome to DA Forums. Im a long time GSW fan. What about you? Congrats on the new Touring!! You'll love the V6.

1. Push the play button and get back in school asap, even if part time. The longer you stay away the harder it will be to go back.

2. Excellent tint choice. That series carries a lifetime warranty and looks good on just about every vehicle.

3. Do a search for the new car paint sealant procedure by member glen-e. You won't regret it with that black car.

4. Led interior, license plate, and trunk replacements. You'll be amazed at the difference.

5. I use a few of the products you manufacture. Do I get a discount if I mention your name at checkout?

6. Debadge the rearend as it looks much smoother and uncluttered. Although most Touring guys opt not to.

7. Besides the V6, what's the biggest difference you've noticed between the Sport and the Touring?

8. Check out the OEM 19" HFP wheels. I've seen them on a few Accords and they look pretty sharp.

9. Did I say welcome to DAF?

·
How Fast Officer?
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh you're That One Guy, Huh?

Welcome to the forum. As you already have experienced there are a lot of helpful, informative folks willing to help with detailing,engine repair, maintenance, etc. Someone will know the answer. If not, we'll make one up! J/K

Quick question....

With the water problem out there, how are you going about keeping the cars so clean and tidy?

Also love the avatar. That "look" is exactly the stare of disdain I use except there usually is a snort to follow.

Who's your bud?
Yeah, this site is just filled with helpful information. I do not know why I didn't create an account sooner. I guess better late then never right?

Water problem? What water problem? J/K, yeah we have to conserve water, but from what I have seen, not too many people really care. We had some small rain come through and I still see some people have their automated sprinklers come up. Or unmaintained sprinkler systems that flood up the area due to a broken head, it is crazy! As for washing my car, twice a month showers will have to do for now (I know, I am a bad person). Thinking of buying a car cover or clear bra-ing her, need to do some research.

And the avatar, I found that on a funny pictures app. That is the look I give to my friends/coworkers when I am giving them a ride and they do that. A little heads up would be nice.

For who is my bud, I don't know. Jesus? Car Gods? Gasoline? I give up.

Anyways, thank you for the welcome, Miker.

Hello and welcome to DA Forums. Im a long time GSW fan. What about you? Congrats on the new Touring!! You'll love the V6.

1. Push the play button and get back in school asap, even if part time. The longer you stay away the harder it will be to go back.

2. Excellent tint choice. That series carries a lifetime warranty and looks good on just about every vehicle.

3. Do a search for the new car paint sealant procedure by member glen-e. You won't regret it with that black car.

4. Led interior, license plate, and trunk replacements. You'll be amazed at the difference.

5. I use a few of the products you manufacture. Do I get a discount if I mention your name at checkout?

6. Debadge the rearend as it looks much smoother and uncluttered. Although most Touring guys opt not to.

7. Besides the V6, what's the biggest difference you've noticed between the Sport and the Touring?

8. Check out the OEM 19" HFP wheels. I've seen them on a few Accords and they look pretty sharp.

9. Did I say welcome to DAF?
GSW??? Golden State Water? Great Sexy Women? Great Shark Week? J/K, if you mean the basketball team, I am really not into it. I follow more baseball (Dodgers) and hockey (Kings). I do like the Lakers, but I am not a true fan as compared to my Dodgers and Kings. Love motorsports like NASCAR and WRC.

Dang 20 questions is it? :devil

1. Yeah, I know. This fall I am planning to go back and finish up my GE requirements and see some option for my major courses.

2. I just love the tint. In my sport, I didn't have tint and it would get insanely hot in the car. When I got the touring tint was a must. It is noticeably cooler in the car after a while in the sun. Great film choice, in my opinion.

3. Will do, especially with the water crisis and road debris , I need to protect my paint.

4. Yup, more items that I will have to add to my mod list. Ugh! I think my wallet is getting skinnier by the second.

5. Yeah, just mention "That One Guy." They will give you the weird look discount. Great money saver.

6. I have seen the clean as heck look from debadging, but I do not know. Only time will tell if I bite.

7. I feel the drive in the touring is more comfortable than the sport. V6 feels very smooth while changing gears and responsive when needed. In the sport, I felt the CVT was a bit sluggish for my taste. The interior leather seats feel great as my behind can testify. My family loves that the rear passengers seats now because they receive the A/C, as the sport did not have any air vents for the rear passengers. I love the touring headlights, LED taillights, Navi, and moonroof.

8. I have seen them and they look great, but I am just having a hard time deciding. Especially after looking at other members rim pictures, a lot of them are just jaw-dropping beautiful.

9. I do not know ... what is DAF again? J/K

Thank you for the warm welcome and suggestions, user320. Hopefully I answer your questions fully, if not PM me.

Any feedback is welcome. I been thinking of doing an DIY install videos for my mods like the K&N filter kit, Borla Exhaust and others.

·
Elvira
3,681 Posts
I thought the avatar was your bud. :grin Your dog, in other words.

There are some waterless (minimal water) methods I've seen utilized. Was curious if you used them.

·
How Fast Officer?
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought the avatar was your bud. :grin Your dog, in other words.

There are some waterless (minimal water) methods I've seen utilized. Was curious if you used them.
Yeah, not my dog. :grin

I really can't do much with waterless washes because of my knee injury. I do have supplies in my trunk, but every time I have time to clean her, my knee is not in a good mood to put in some elbow grease. Simple self serve spray wash for me now.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
^^^ DAF = Drive Accord Forums. BTW, get the OEM trunk tray from College Hills Honda or another online retailer. Much cheaper than the dealer. The trunk tray does an amazing job of keeping that area clean and organized.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts