Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I can't stop driving :)
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody :wave:

My name is Ivan, I am from Europe, Croatia, small town Pakrac...

I have Accord Euro, made in England (hard to find "Made in Japan"), year of production: 1998 may, engine: 16V SOHC, 4 cylinder, 1.8i LS, 115HP or 85kW
beside petrol, it have installed second fuel source: a gas installation (LPG) [Propan-Butan] its 3 times cheaper than petrol here...

Some pic...

The day when I buy it... 25. April 2007.

Then I... changed rims and tires from 185/65R15'' to 205/55R16'' 4. September 2007

...and I again change rims and tires from 205/55R16'' to 215/45R17'' 15 March 2009 :)

...so... that look fine, but too high, so I lowered it 3. October 2009 and NOW looks great :)

...and of course, nothing without music :)

That's all for now... I wonder is here somebody else from Europe?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Your driveway looks like it's not wide enough to park your car. Is that why you park on the grass?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Welcome to DA Ivan! Car looks good man! :thmsup:

·
"Life In The Slow Lane"
1,245 Posts
Hi ..welcome to the Forum....car looks great
so do the painted calibers...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
When I lived in Ireland, the lady that lived next to me drove a red Accord type R in this generation. Definitely left an impression :D

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Q Ans.

Welcome to DA Ivan! Car looks good man! :thmsup:
Thanks for welcome, thanks for nice comment :D

Hi ..welcome to the Forum....car looks great
so do the painted calibers...
Thx, I painted myself with this

When I lived in Ireland, the lady that lived next to me drove a red Accord type R in this generation. Definitely left an impression :D
Hm, my accord is 5th generation, and I think that 5gen doesn't made a type R, but I know that 6gen do!

My friend have a 6gen Accord type R, here's some pic of that beast so you can compare:

6gen Accord type R ! :yes:

This few pics are from some honda meet 12. April 2008 :)

left: my accord, right: accord type R :lmao:

from behind you can see the different design...:

·
"Life In The Slow Lane"
1,245 Posts
Front of car has a Volvo look-
Rear of car looks like my old 2000 Mitsu Galant-

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi there, neighbor :D

Just wanted to ask if you were a member of Croatian Honda club, and saw pictures from meet. I myself am a member of Honda Club Serbia :) I came to this site because I have USDM Accord 6th gen.

Nice car and it's nice to see a family driving Japanese cars in our "German car loving" part of the world.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
10,160 Posts
Great looking ride! I saw a few of those when I was in England two years ago and I didn't know what they were until I saw the Honda badge.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Ivan welcome, my son-in-law is Croatian, You have Nice car, what is interesting is your second source of fuel (LPG), do you have photos or diagrams of that set up? Did you do conversion to second fuel source yourself or did a shop make conversion for you? Regards

Richard

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Front of car has a Volvo look-
Rear of car looks like my old 2000 Mitsu Galant-
...I don't know :) I see only Honda everywhere (even if not) :lmao:

Hi there, neighbor :D

Just wanted to ask if you were a member of Croatian Honda club, and saw pictures from meet. I myself am a member of Honda Club Serbia :) I came to this site because I have USDM Accord 6th gen.

Nice car and it's nice to see a family driving Japanese cars in our "German car loving" part of the world.
Hy Lana, yes, I am a member of Croatian ''Honda Fan Club'' and of another Croatian ''Honda Club Forum''

Here is the LINK if someone want to see... http://www.hondafanclub.hr/forum/index.php? and http://forum.hondaclub.hr/index.php?

-yes, we all drive Japanese cars in my family :) except my brother :paranoid:
-I don't think that German cars are bad, but I hate VW :biggrin:

Great looking ride! I saw a few of those when I was in England two years ago and I didn't know what they were until I saw the Honda badge.
Thx man :)
Yes, they are made there (in England) under the license of Japaneses... [this model, like mine]
(lots of my friends says that only ''made in Japan'' is real thing, but Hondas manufactured in England also can not be worse... - my opinion)

Ivan welcome, my son-in-law is Croatian, You have Nice car, what is interesting is your second source of fuel (LPG), do you have photos or diagrams of that set up? Did you do conversion to second fuel source yourself or did a shop make conversion for you? Regards

Richard
Thanks, oooo nice-send a greeting to your son :thmsup:

Aha, you want to know how that work and WHY I invest 3 payment in that... answer is simple: that gas in liquid form (called LPG) is 3 times cheaper than petrol (here, and also in whole Europe...)

With both tank full, I can drive without stoping about 800km (497 miles) at LPG and 600km (372 miles) at petrol = 1400km (870miles) at open road.
The LPG bottle is 70 liters / 18.5 gallons, and can hold a pressure of 30 bar / 420 psi . . . .

No, here f***ing law says if you 'do it yourself' then it is ILLEGAL, so I must pay a mechanic to do that so I can drive legal and get a f***ing certificate for installation. All cost about 1/4 of the price of car :grumpy:

I have only pictures of LPG installation: it is not a secret, here it is :cig:

...if you want to know more, just ask :thmsup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dude, same here for VW - especially riced-up Golf 1 and 2 :lmao:

To All:

As for LPG installation on gasoline engines, it is quite common in this part of Europe at least. If you hit high annual mileage, the cost of installation would be covered within 1-2 years by fuel price savings.

I have the same thing installed on my Civic and it significantly helps fuel economy.

In my country, you can still get by doing DIY or with non-certified mechanic, but I keep seeing accidents involving heavy fire damage due to lousy setup.

LPG is a combination of propane and butane gas. It is supposed to give cleaner exhaust emissions and less damage to the engine (especially having in mind that gasoline here is not of highest quality). Downsides include some loss of power, but modern systems (I think Ivan has one of those) - so called sequent or sequential LPG systems - manage to overcome this drawback.

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dude, same here for VW - especially riced-up Golf 1 and 2 :lmao:

To All:

As for LPG installation on gasoline engines, it is quite common in this part of Europe at least. If you hit high annual mileage, the cost of installation would be covered within 1-2 years by fuel price savings.

I have the same thing installed on my Civic and it significantly helps fuel economy.

In my country, you can still get by doing DIY or with non-certified mechanic, but I keep seeing accidents involving heavy fire damage due to lousy setup.

LPG is a combination of propane and butane gas. It is supposed to give cleaner exhaust emissions and less damage to the engine (especially having in mind that gasoline here is not of highest quality). Downsides include some loss of power, but modern systems (I think Ivan has one of those) - so called sequent or sequential LPG systems - manage to overcome this drawback.
Precisely :salue:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
CroatiaMen & Lana, thank you for photos of LPG and explanation. LPG is not as common here YET. Wishing you both well. Regards

Richard

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
ooh my bad! that 6th gen looks exactly like it. Both good looking cars:yes:

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
CroatiaMen & Lana, thank you for photos of LPG and explanation. LPG is not as common here YET. Wishing you both well. Regards

Richard
No problem :)
Yes - YET, because in USA petrol or diesel is cheaper about 3 times then here, and LPG price here is about same like petrol in USA.
Correct me if I wrong...

ooh my bad! that 6th gen looks exactly like it. Both good looking cars:yes:
NO problem, but again, I'm don't agree that 5gen & 6gen look exactly same, maybe in front, but rear is very different, just look the tail lights...

I want share some pics from some HONDA meet here :cool:

·
"Life In The Slow Lane"
1,245 Posts
Yes ..the LPG conversion is interesting.... Can you open the hood and
throw on burgers and dogs at one of those Honda meets????:D :naughty: :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
Clean and simple... keep up the good work!... loving all the cars at the meet too

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes ..the LPG conversion is interesting.... Can you open the hood and
throw on burgers and dogs at one of those Honda meets????:D :naughty: :D
haha, LPG that isn't for play, if blow, it can make a big BOOM
-on that Honda meets, we bake pig or sheep at camps fire :biggrin:

Clean and simple... keep up the good work!... loving all the cars at the meet too
Thx :jumping:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts