Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First problem: First off my power lock dont work they havent for the last three months I just haven't gotten around to fixing them, but i've been able to use the manual lock from the outside of the driver door up until yesterday when the key stopped turning the key goes in but it wont turn I had to get in thru the trunk.

Second problem: My cd changer stopped working last night it says error 0001 i have no idea what it could be.

Third problem: Its been raining like crazy in cali so yesterday when i had to climb my butt in the truck to get in my car i noticed my trunk wet as can be i stayed in the truck for a while and noticed that the water is coming down from the window my speakers look molded and my car stinks like mold too :paranoid:. Help!

Please help me out my car is giving me too many problems:thumbsdow

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
1) Have you tried spraying WD-40 into lock to lubricate?

2) No idea on changer

3) Sounds like rear window was replaced, and seam sealer was not applied properly, leaving a gap were water is coming thru or rear Sunroof drain hose is clogged & overflowing. I would temporarily seal Sunroof & Rear Glass with Duct Tape till rain stops.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
71 Posts
1- take off inner panel check to see if and thing is loose on the inside

2-dunno

3- reseal rear glass, clear sunroof drains

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
1) Replace your door lock actuators
2) Your CD changer is broken. By design, they fail because mechanical things don't last. The stackers don't last. You can disconnect your battery for awhile and reconnect to see if that resets the mechanism. Make sure you have your anti-theft code for the stereo before you do it.
3) If your trunk is leaking, then check the weather seal around the rim of the trunk. Maybe you hit it climbing into your car. Your rear window may need to be re-sealed. It was a known issue with the coupes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1) Replace your door lock actuators
2) Your CD changer is broken. By design, they fail because mechanical things don't last. The stackers don't last. You can disconnect your battery for awhile and reconnect to see if that resets the mechanism. Make sure you have your anti-theft code for the stereo before you do it.
3) If your trunk is leaking, then check the weather seal around the rim of the trunk. Maybe you hit it climbing into your car. Your rear window may need to be re-sealed. It was a known issue with the coupes.
Thanks for your help.. I took the center panel off and sure enough the cd stacker was broken :( .. I had someone come reseal my window.. I'm waiting for get the actuators I ordered online.. thanks again..

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Thanks for your help.. I took the center panel off and sure enough the cd stacker was broken :( .. I had someone come reseal my window.. I'm waiting for get the actuators I ordered online.. thanks again..
You can find another stereo on eBay. Contact OEMCarAudio.

When you replace your actuators, be careful with the door panels and connecting rods. You don't want to break a clip releasing the connecting wire or lock cylinder rod and handle rod. You need to remove the bolt for the lower window channel guide and move it out of the way. Then you can get the latch mechanism out of the door frame. Study the assembly before you remove the actuator. Make sure the cable and latch are in the same position when you reassemble the latch mechanism or your interior door handle won't pull the cable properly. It is easy to do, but give yourself a few hours to get the job done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts