Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my clutch recently went out at about 120k mile. I replaced it with a clutchmasters set. Lightened steel flywheel and a FX250 clutch. I thought it would be great for my my daily abuse. lol Well I got it replaced and everything seemed to line up just fine. Everything torqued to spec and put back together. When I finally set it back down to test it out the starter would not engage. I thought nothing much of a busted starter. Then I got suspicious. I tried to turn the engine and nothing! It wont budge! I dont think its siezed. Its only been sitting for around 2 months while I worked on it in between my free time from work. I dont think that would cause a engine to seize. What I do remember was that the flywheel was Just a tiny bit bigger than the stock one but I didnt think much of it. I heard that all K series flywheels are practically the same aside the weight. Its really hard to find any information since this forum is very focused on the v6-6mt versions of the accord. Any information reguarding the flywheel for a k24w would be fantastic! Anyone running a aftermarket flywheel on a I4-6MT?

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
How did you try to turn the engine? The only safe way is a breaker bar on the crankshaft bolt and be sure to turn the engine in the proper direction.

Here is the possibilities,

1. The bolts used on the flywheel to the crankshaft are too long

2. The flywheel is too big and is hitting the bell housing.

3. Pilot bushing is installed incorrectly

4. Clutch is stuck to the flywheel.

Does the clutch pedal move easily?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts