Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted my engine cover and would like to cover the lettering with 3D red lettering to cover the HONDA raised section. I have looked everywhere and even tried downloading some DXF, SVG files and none seem to be formed correctly.

Does anyone here make, or know someone that can make lettering for this area and have it formed to correctly cover it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
419 Posts
The job you did with the white looks pretty good - seems like you wouldn't have too much difficulty just painting the existing HONDA with red?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the feedback. While I can paint large areas, fine details like letters are not my thing and I want it to really look good. If I paint it, the edges might not be straight or the fill areas will look blotchy due to uneven thickness and I don't want it to look that way. If I screw it up, it might mean having to redo all of it, I would rather get some computer cut vinyl and know it will work out the first time.

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
664 Posts
Have you tried commissioning a sticker artist? I know at least that there's some on sites like Etsy or Redbubble. You might have to take some measurements for a precise fit, though. You might want to see if you can find one that specializes in car decals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried commissioning a sticker artist? I know at least that there's some on sites like Etsy or Redbubble. You might have to take some measurements for a precise fit, though. You might want to see if you can find one that specializes in car decals.

Yeah, have contacted a few people and they don't want to touch it due to the time it would take to make it fit properly for one decal. I did download some vinyl Honda graphic outlines used for cutting machines and digitally overlayed on the engine cover, although the are kind of close they all need a lot of tweaking. Unless I can find someone that has already done it and sells them it looks like I'll have to try to make the changes on my end and take the file to someone to cut it and cross my fingers it will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts