Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to this forum and seeking some expert help from Honda owners. I have a 6 generation 2001 Honda Accord EX. I need to replace the windshield washer hose and I am going to try and replace with the hosing i got from Advanced Auto. Any suggestions before I start?

I also need to replace my headlight covers. I have tried several cleaning solutions and they have not gotten any better. Where is the best place to get new headlight covers and are they easy to replace?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
For the headlights just buy a new set. There no point in just getting the cover when they cost half of the headlight

·
6,322 Posts
Try the 3M headlight restoring kit. After completion apply some Nufinish or Meguiars NXT 2.0 so they don't cloud up too fast. Most of the other kits don't work too well like you pointed out.

Other tips: Replace the pcv valve with an oem one if it hasn't been done in the last 100k miles. Make sure atf is fresh. Pull dipstick and make sure the color is pink to med. red and not brown or black.

Same thing with the coolant. Hopefully its the newer long life BLUE coolant. If not replace it soon.

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
compound and high speed buff the lights this means with a high speed buffer. it works, very well.

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
just make sure you tape the painted sections with painters tape. so you dont mar the paint while cleaning the covers.
very true.

·
5th Gear
511 Posts
honestly, I would do away with them. I've seen many a 6th gen owner come on here and talk about their unsuccessful and very elaborate range of tactics at trying to buff the headlights. Get a nice new pair online, it will be worth the buy. SatinSilver recommends the "3M" brand cleaner, but I say don't bother. I spent 3 days trying 4 times to buff my headlights with that very kit, and failed miserably.

Just go to ebay and find a nice new pair you like. Here's where you can have a little fun. You can just get OEM, or you can get blackhoused, or "stanley" style, which is everything clear on the lens. I personally like blackhoused :) for some pics of my headlights to see what you like, here's my car's thread:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41744

Happy hunting!

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
honestly, I would do away with them. I've seen many a 6th gen owner come on here and talk about their unsuccessful and very elaborate range of tactics at trying to buff the headlights. Get a nice new pair online, it will be worth the buy. SatinSilver recommends the "3M" brand cleaner, but I say don't bother. I spent 3 days trying 4 times to buff my headlights with that very kit, and failed miserably.

Just go to ebay and find a nice new pair you like. Here's where you can have a little fun. You can just get OEM, or you can get blackhoused, or "stanley" style, which is everything clear on the lens. I personally like blackhoused :) for some pics of my headlights to see what you like, here's my car's thread:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41744

Happy hunting!
heres the thing though the kit doesnt include a high speed wheel with a cloth pad on it. if you try to buff yours lights by hand the only thing ive found is it feels like pi$$!ng into the wind, but when ive buffed them with the wheel they are like crystals again..... btw ur black housings are SICKKKKNASTTTY

1 - 8 of 8 Posts