Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got PCDs install on my accord v6 5AT (J35Z2), after installation went for a drive and i noticed there is a rattle/rasp noise around 3k rpm. Not sure if this is common after PCD install, didn't have this type of noise when I only had magnaflow cbe and rv6 j pipe. All hardware to install PCDs are brand new. Also, CEL light came on after 30mins of driving with the PCDs, not sure if I need to tune it out? Thus, with engine light on VTEC is not engaging. Would appreciate any help I can get

Thanks!:nerd

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
CBE and no cats (Jpipe + PCD) you're going to get rasp and drone, not much you can do about it.

Yes you need to KTuner code out the Secondary O2 sensors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CBE and no cats (Jpipe + PCD) you're going to get rasp and drone, not much you can do about it.

Yes you need to KTuner code out the Secondary O2 sensors.
Thanks for replying, would code out the 02's later! For the rasp, is there a way to lower that ? Jpipe + Magnaflow CBE no rasp at all though.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
Thanks for replying, would code out the 02's later! For the rasp, is there a way to lower that ? Jpipe + Magnaflow CBE no rasp at all though.
The strategy is usually to throw a vibrant ultra quiet resonator wherever it will fit on the CBE.

·
Race to the speed limit
221 Posts
I erased the code, it was gone for a few hours but now its back you know the reasoning behind this ?
How are you clearing the code?

Are you using a standard code reader/the battery reset method?

drowned12 and other PCD users solved their light by using the KTuner software to tell the ECU to ignore the issue (unsure how the Tuner works, but it's probably just saying shhh when the car says "oi my cats not going meow anymore").

Without the KTuner, you're just clearing the code only to have it come back after a few drive cycles as the car recognizes something is up with the O2 readings.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I erased the code, it was gone for a few hours but now its back you know the reasoning behind this ?
You might need to adjust the defouler, add stainless steel wool inside the defouler, or just disable it with Ktuner. Contact richie at rv6-p, he can send you some SS wool. I had to add SS wool to get rid of my CEL.

You have to add a resenator on the exhaust system. Any good exhaust shop can guide you to the right sound.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How are you clearing the code?

Are you using a standard code reader/the battery reset method?

drowned12 and other PCD users solved their light by using the KTuner software to tell the ECU to ignore the issue (unsure how the Tuner works, but it's probably just saying shhh when the car says "oi my cats not going meow anymore").

Without the KTuner, you're just clearing the code only to have it come back after a few drive cycles as the car recognizes something is up with the O2 readings.
I used Ktuner v1 to erase the code, I just reflashed it and it went away for now. Will see how this goes

You might need to adjust the defouler, add stainless steel wool inside the defouler, or just disable it with Ktuner. Contact richie at rv6-p, he can send you some SS wool. I had to add SS wool to get rid of my CEL.
You have to add a resenator on the exhaust system. Any good exhaust shop can guide you to the right sound.
Interesting, thanks for the suggestion will message richie from rv6, and resonator I will look into it.

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,292 Posts
that's why I just got the HFPC.

no issues whatsoever, and the sound is just lovely.

Reactions: Knxwledge
1 - 10 of 10 Posts