Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine is still being difficult. I can't get it to turn over. I took some of the advice some of you had given me. I checked the battery, cleaned it off, and attempted to jump it. The battery definitely gained strength after a few minutes, however it didn't have enough to get my engine started. I'm going to buy and install a new battery later on today.

My friends and I have ruled out my starter as being the problem. My one friend thinks my fuel pump isn't working. I'm not sure how to check if fuel is being fed to my engine or not. Does anybody know where I may be able to find a fuel line in a V6 3.0 L engine in my '03 Accord?

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Get your battery issue resolved first.

I highly doubt you have a fuel pump problem, and exactly how did your friend even come to the conclusion the car has a fuel pump problem when cranking the engine seems to be the problem? It's like someone saying you should get a new pair of shoes when all you have is a running nose............

Your car has fuel injectors and high pressure fuel pump, I wouldn't be messing around with it unless you have ruled out other possibilites.

Don't make a simple problem more complex than it really is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks again. Yea, while my friends mean well and definitely know more about cars than I do, they are probably jumping the gun on the diagnoses of my car. One of them ducked underneath the back of my car to hear if the fuel pump was being activated while my other friend turned the key in my ignition. He said he couldn't hear anything. I've also been known to drive my car at very low fuel levels. He said that can lead to a faulty fuel pump. Those two variables lead him to come up with that particular diagnoses.

·
Registered
129 Posts
When you turn the key all the way but stop short of cranking the engine you should hear the fuel pump.

My fuel pump trouble shooting process:
Did I hear the fuel pump, yes or no.
Yes, move onto spark or air.
No, then check fuses and use a multimeter to check power at the fuel pump.

Worst case scenario:
Fuel pump comes on, but the pressure is to low to atomize the fuel thru the injectors. The only way to know this is to have a gauge to check your fuel pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts