Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed for the past 2-3 weeks ago that when I hit/punch the gas pedal while cruising at normal speed while A/C is on or off, windows closed and A/C recurculation button is closed somethings smells funny like burned clutch smell or burned oil not gas. I took it to the dealer last week and test drove the car with a mechanic, we were able to duplicate the smell issue he stated that it is not burn wire but something is there. I left the car for 1day and he found that it was the A/C condenser tube was clogged with leaves.
So I took the car home and realized that everything was up to par, but despite of it all the smell was back. I dont get the burned smell when Im cruising at 0-70mph i only get it when i floor the gas pedal or punch the pedal (like when your getting on ramp on a freeway you need to give more gas to catch some speed)

Has anyone have/had this issues before and what was the action or repair done? My car is V6 automatic, the smells remind me of when VTEC engages when pushed.

·
6,322 Posts
Always happens when I test drive a new car and get on it. I remember one time the salesman let me take it out by myself and when I got back he popped the hood and you could really smell the fumes. Luckily he didn't say anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts