Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
X-Gear
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used a dash mat with 2 velcro strips on the dashboard panel between the passenger airbag & glove box area.

I decided to remove it after an hour, & noticed that the velcro strips left a residue stain on the dashboard panel.

Used Goo Gone, mild soap & water to wipe off, Meguiars natural shine protectant, & Mother's Back to Black -

but that area doesn't seem to shine evenly like the rest of the dash panel - it shows a whitish residue mark where the velcros used to be...

it still doesn't work!
any ideas?!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
i think ^ is right. Unfortunately if those didnt work i doubt anything will. It probably removed the layer on top. Thats why i never put anything on the dash such a gps holders, velcro, sticky pads, or air fresheners. Especially when it gets hot and super hot these will do that. You could POSSIBLY plasti dip the plastic piece black (assuming its a black interior ). I'm also assuming you are talking about the panel that sits above the hazard light switch?
In my old jetta, i put a vanilla tree resting on the cup/coin holder for back seat passengers. A couple weeks later it cracked the black layer exposing the plastic underneath. Good luck man

·
Registered
107 Posts
just put charcoal starter on a rag and wipe it it and it will get rid of it. Trust me it works

·
X-Gear
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
X-Gear
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
266 Posts
won't it make the dashboard worse?
Hasn't hurt mine, I've used it (carefully mind-you) even on my car seats. Just try it in an inconspicuous area. Let it dry, and examine the towel and make sure you aren't rubbing off color or what-nots. Wait 1 hour and re-examine the area and if it still looks good then proceed (again i say carefully).

It has never hurt my cars and as a matter of fact I went a little crazy with it when i bought my 7.5 gen. Because it was used, I wiped EVERYTHING that could have been touched and anywhere boogers and snot could have been smeared. Fecal bacteria and sexual discharge is another HUGE issue that I attempt in sanitizing away from my cars (when bought used, or when others drive it). I sound really intense but I'm really not, it's just a thorough cleaning that I do to ensure I don't get sick or spread it. My wife is a cancer survivor and has no thyroid so her immune system is greatly weakened, that is why I am so precise about cleaning it. But I have wiled EVERYTHING inside that could and could not be seen and it looks perfect. I did go back over it with conditioners and protectants.

·
X-Gear
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.