Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Here's how it all started,
Just got fuel out of the station and after driving for about 3mins or so as I accelerated the Malfunction lamp came on and the car would jerk if I try to accelerate past 2600rpm, Has no problems below this range, idles well and starts up fine. A mechanic friend told me I could have got some water during the refill and advised I check the fuel filter. There wasn't any water there and my injector and nozzles were cleaned out. The car picked up reaching 4000rpm and working fine, only for the problem to return after about 10mins of speeding. A roadside mechanic's dtc device read p2647 A problem with the actuator arm(This was the only dtc code shown by the device). Is this code known to cause this? or is it just another unconnected problem? I've also noticed that if the car cools down, it would fire normally until like after 1o-15mins of driving, then I'll be back at ground zero.
Has anyone experienced something like this? Trying to avoid the dealer's $$$

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My problem's solved!

A mechanic pulled the vtec oil pressure switch harness cleaned and put in what I think is some grease(not sure), I was told that the switch was bad that I should come in tomorrow for a change as he couldn't lay his hands on one. I drove home reving below 2200rpm. Next day, I Pulled of the battery cables for about 15mins and decided to go full throttle so as to make the MIL light up. I been speeding ever since! I've driven close to 200miles now, all things back to normal.
I also put injector cleaner into the tank going home from the mechanic, dont know if it had anything to do with it though, may be not.

Just in case you hit this one day...

·
Shift_ STILL Not A Honda
318 Posts
Hmm... that sure it a weird circumstance... Almost like a haunted car or something..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts