Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the car was running fine and then i went ahead in attempt to jump pin #8 and #13 on the data link connector on the honda accord (1999) and now the car won't start. I think i must have been careless and read the diagram wrong and instead jumped pin #1 and #12. how can i resolve this issue? your expeditious help will be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
Well, 8 and 13 are blank open holes, 1 is blank and 12 has a red/white wire to it, but is undefined on ISIS as to what it does.

Post a drawing and pic of exactly what pins you jumped and which pin you're calling 1.

·
01 Accord EX V6
13 Posts
What is it your where trying to do? Did you see any sparks? And last did you check your fuses?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
solved problem

Thanks all for your replies. Basically I wanted to check the base timing and according to my Haynes repair manual, in order to do that, I needed to place the PCM into the base timing mode. This is achieved by jumping pin#s #8 and #13.

Well I did pretty much tried to pull the fuse #13 and to disconnect the battery to see if the PCM would reset (I noticed the check engine light did not come ON when i turn the key (before cranking the motor). But these did not solve the problem. I even pulled the PCM (ECU) out of the car to check it. Well finally i recall there are fuses inside the engine compartment and bang there was the blown fuse. it was on the ignition fuse. After putting in a good fuse, the engine check light came ON when i turned the key and then the car started. Isthere a idiot proof on working around this pin jumping when i want to check the base timing? thx.

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
Why are you trying to check base timing, the distributor isn't adjustable.
If its out, the cam timing is off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts