Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I imported a 1994 Accord and have done a lot if work and now it is ready for inspection.
I do need to have Daytime Running Lights installed.
The dealer and Canadian Tire are around $300-$350 installed.
I am wondering if I can just pull one from a car at a wrecker yard and
install it myself.
The car is originally from Texas and I am now in Alberta Canada.
Has anyone ever done this and if so is it complicated ?
thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Just get a set of fog lights or something to wire it to the radio or another power lead which is powered when the engine starts, should cost you less than $100 even from Canadian Tire if you can install yourself.

Check out the local car stores. 12VDC LED light strips work well too and draws very little current.

You will also need metric reading speedometer, but you might be fine with the dual speedometer readings on the dial.

Lastly, you may need the English/French airbag warning label on the visors, I've heard people just make a photocopy of one to put it on temporarily for the initial inspection.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I remember on my 97 canadian accord there was a DRL relay in the fuse box. Double check the fuse box schematic, maybe the relay is the only thing you need?

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I would suspect the wiring and the additional relay would be difficult to take out of a salvaged car. You could build your own DRL using the low beams. All you would need is a couple of standard relays and some wiring changes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts