Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

HElP!: DIY push to start for sport and lx models

4K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Stopsignhank 
#1 ·
i was thinking if buying a push to start button for my sport model but dont know how to wire it.. is this possible?

#16 ·
I find the push button start more of a pain in butt actually. I don't like Honda's implementation of it and doing things like turning car off but leaving car radio on just doesn't work logically. While it does cut down on the scratches around your dash from inserting key over and over you are left with another little issue...where do you put your keys? My pocket isn't always possible so they are tossed in the cup holders(which scratches them instead), or on passenger seat etc.

I don't know, maybe I'm just contrary today. Also, I'm still bitter that I could not get the remote start installed on the HFP Coupe 6-6 due to the push button start at the time, so I got the sedan instead.

#18 ·
Keys are so 100 years ago. What is a shame is that Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, GM have had this technology since at least 07 (earlier on Lexus) and Honda gets it's first keyless start in 2013? Where have they been.

#19 ·
Maybe it's because I've always had vehicle that used a key - I don't really care about having a push start button. Honestly, I've never thought about it.. even after being in plenty of cars with it. I don't see the convenience of it - you still need the key with you so NBD to me.

#21 ·
Age plays a big factor. If you're old school then you definitely love the keys or you don't care having it. But if you're a guy in his 20's (young, wild and free), like me, you would absolutely love to have that option (no keys, push to start!).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.