Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2008 Honda Accord V6 EX-L
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to get my Oil Changed at a Honda Dealership. Been going there for all my oil changes. I then Leave and now my car vibrates and when I let go of the gas pedal the car has a loud knocking sound. You hear it a little when you drive about 5-10mph then after that you dont hear it unless u let go of gas....I check the oil and there is some oil in there. Prior to the oil change my car didnt vibrate and I didnt have knocking noise....

·
I snapped my G string....
3,865 Posts
Take it back to the dealer and have them check it. They should take care of it since they are the last ones to touch it....

·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They told me not to drive the car. They are coming to me...Just so stressed out.... :mad:

·
I snapped my G string....
3,865 Posts
Just be prepared to be told that your mods are the cause...

·
Registered
249 Posts
That ****s dude, which Honda dealership is it?

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,511 Posts
That's bites. Hope they correct the problem. The problem with this situation is how can you prove it was something they did? They can always say your car was like that when you brought it in. I'm crossing my fingers for you. I do all my own maintenance, so there is no one else to blame, if somethings screwed up. It's all on me.

·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the tech blamed it on my rims....he said that they were loose and that was the cause of it.....i don't get how that could be :-\. He said that it probally became loose when the car got lifted in the air for oil change...I told him My car was up on a lift last week to get my exhaust and I drop from NY to CT with no issues...but he tighten the rims and that seem to have fixed it after he took it for a couple long test drives....i am so relieved so glad it wasn't something else. Thanks for the response guys.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Did they rotate the tires when it was at the dealership?

·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no so I don't really see how it was loose :-\

1 - 12 of 12 Posts