Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,656 Posts
There was a "pop" type noise at 9 seconds. What was that? Did you drop your recording device?

As for the knocking noise, what kind of oil are you using? If the oil is too thick, the engine won't like it and be a possible cause of the knocking noise.

When did this start happening? If recently, what were you doing where you first noticed this noise?

·
Super Moderator
4,656 Posts
There are all sorts of things that can cause the engine to knock. It could have been caused from insufficient oil (not enough oil added at the last oil change, car is leaking oil, oil pump is failing, or any combination of these), bad gas, carbon deposits in the cylinder(s) or combustion chamber, you're using non-approved spark plugs (they need to be either Denso or NGK Iridium).

Worst case scenario is that you have a bent piston rod and the entire engine will need to come out to fix it. If that's the case though, you might as well just redo anything else that needs replacing such as gaskets and give it new rings as well.

·
4,637 Posts
Was the engine cold when you hear the knock? Try some STP Fuel conditioner to get water out of the fuel. Which can cause knock. Only $3 a bottle or so. At Walmart etc...I just bought a bottle this morning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sound is louder at start-up , but still there after an hour running.

No water in the line,noise was present in summertime.

·
Super Moderator
4,656 Posts
not as far as i know. but i'm only familiar with the v6 and we're not sure what you have since you haven't stated what you have. you've only stated the mileage of your car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts