Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the driver side marker and the driver parking light are out. I replaced the bulbs but still nothing. I looked into the fuse diagram and fuse 27 says small exterior lights. I replaced it, although didnt appear blown. Taking it out the tail lights wont turn on, so thats not the fuse im looking for. I cant find it in the owners manual, I see DRL and the headlight ones, but not the one intended for the side marker and parking light. Anyone has an idea which one is it?

Btw my car is an accord coupe 09 2.4 ex-l with nav

------------

I did some findings.

Turns out that the same fuse on the passenger side fuse box when detached it does inhibits the side marker and parking lights from that side from functioning. So my guess is that the number 27 on the driver side fuse box takes care of the tail lights, the side marker and parking lights front left. But somehow the tail lights work but the others doesnt. Im confused, btw the indicator in that parking light works well.

Odd thing is that I found a 25A fuse in no 27 where a 10A fuse is the one should be there. I replaced it with a 10A one but the problem persists. Also the fuse itself doesnt go all the way to the end, so it doesnt sit properly in the socket. Still confused....

Anyone got a clue?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
fuse 27 is all you care about, in the driver under dash fuse box. it supplies power to the taillight relay which is activated by a fancy computer. anyway,

once the taillight relay is energized power is then sent to the left side market light, left turn signal/parking light (half filament), left brake light/taillight (half filament) and right brake light/taillight(half filament) and the license plate bulb.

if any of those bulbs work then the fuse and relay is ok.

now, the funny thing is the lights working elsewhere indicates a problem. and this is a BIG problem! actually, it's not. it just means something is different with the circuit. for instance, the two lights that don't work on your have their own ground, exclusive. this where I'd focus my diagnosis. (actually I'd simply turn the lights on, remove the bulb, test light for power then test light for ground and go from there)anyway,

the ground is located here:

remove it - make sure it is a ground bolt(tapered slightly with slits in it to cut into the metal as it tightens). make sure the surface isn't painted. clean it up with sand paper if needed. torque it down.

now this is an odd location for a ground, since it's not prone to failure being in the cabin, so I'd therefore test for power at the bulb and for a solid ground circuit at the bulb and see what I find.

personally I suspect a broken wire in the engine bay because many items use g302 including left headlight bulb, which is working, and other non light related items.

so get your hands on a test light or multimeter and i'll walk you through it if you need.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for dedicating your time to help me.

I have a question however, if the indicator on the same bulb is working leading me to the conclusion that power is reaching the socket, and the bulb is new meaning theres no problem with the filament for the parking light whatsoever. How this can happen? If the wires were broken the indicator shouldnt work, but it does. Unless theres different wiring for that light function.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
there is a second circuit for the indicator but the share the same ground.'

you just confirmed the ground side of the circuit is fine. so now focus on why there is no power to the marker portion of the turn signal bulb.

bad socket? is it rust and corrosion free?

are you sure you put in a dual filament bulb?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts