Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, please why is my gear stick most times hard to shift from P to R early in the morning and then occasionally during the rest of the day?

At other times it shifts easily
Even in the mornings.

Please is this normal,or are there any adjustments I might need to make to correct this??
Thank you all.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
If you park on a hill, ebrake before letting go of the brakes. When the car rolls a bit in P it makes it harder to shift it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can check it under the hood. Have someone shift the shifter from park to reverse and to d, d3, d2 and you look at the cable coming out of the firewall near your steering column. The cable goes from the shifter to your transmission and you should be able to see it pulling/changing the lever on the transmission. Most likely it needs to be lubricated. It's called the "shifter cable" if you want to google it.

·
You're easy money.
406 Posts
You can check it under the hood. Have someone shift the shifter from park to reverse and to d, d3, d2 and you look at the cable coming out of the firewall near your steering column. The cable goes from the shifter to your transmission and you should be able to see it pulling/changing the lever on the transmission. Most likely it needs to be lubricated. It's called the "shifter cable" if you want to google it.
How would you go about lubricating it? Spraying it with lithium grease? Sometimes mine is hard to go from reverse to park.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.