Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 08 accord ex-l 6-6speed with 109,500 and i dont want to put a stock clutch back in i was lookin around and they dont make performance clutches just yet for the v6 i seen that spec had one but thats it in my investigation into it i seen that the clutches are the same from 03-07 accords and TLs so can i use one of those sence its the same setup forreal the engine didnt change till the earthdreams i want at least a stage 1 or 2 i have not tune it yet but im lookin for some cams and some body who will program the ecu i might just get a stand alone and call it a day sense there are only parts for the 4 cyl

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
That was the longest run-on sentence I have ever seen. If the clutches are the same as 7G Accords, then yes, they do make aftermarket clutches. Spec and Clutchmasters come to mind. I cannot make sense out of the rest of your post.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mybad but clutch masters only have a 2003-2006 3.0L accord and the 2007-2008 3.5L TL type s. If i get the TL clutch would i have to change the flywheel too and would the starter ingage with the different flywheel.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Here you go. Spec aftermarket clutches and flywheels. For 8G Accords. You won't have a problem with the starter if you use one of these kits.

http://specclutch.com/cars/Honda/Accord/2009/Single

EDIT: I don't get paid enough to do the Search function for other members everyday... but somebody has to do it :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
i have i4 and i change my clutch at 38k mi with spec stage2

and spec do have em for the 8thgen accord v6 and i4

next time i need mine done, i think i ma go with stage4 :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
What about a TSX clutch, are there ant aftermarket clutches for them?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
if you want the car to handle the way it did the last 100,000 miles go stock.

if you are planning on doing track days or circuits go aftermarket.

·
Registered
152 Posts
how do the stage2 clutch feel compared to the stock
softer than I expected, a bit heavier than stock, but still too soft for my taste

What about a TSX clutch, are there ant aftermarket clutches for them?
they should, since the tsx have a lot more aftermarket parts out there comparing to our accords

if you want the car to handle the way it did the last 100,000 miles go stock.

if you are planning on doing track days or circuits go aftermarket.
that is true, the aftermarket clutch are not suppose to last long,

but then again, i mess up my oem clutch with in 38k mi from brand new, maybe I drive a lil hard, but still, I was expecting at least 60k ish

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,327 Posts
Does anyone know what the stock flywheel weight is on a 6-6? I did search for a whopping 5 minutes trying to look it up :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts