Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys can help me out, where can I find a good lowering kit and how much inches should I lower it by to look good? I got 19" HFP rims with low pros but there too much gap between wheel well and tire. I'd love some community help ! Thanks in advance

--> Suspension FAQ - Coilovers, HFP suspension, Springs...

·
Registered
772 Posts
If you often put passengers in the car, I would go with the Eibach Pro-Kit. It will lower your car about an inch or so and no rear camber kit is needed.

Cost effective and no need to drop a grand on a coil over set and a rear camber kit.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Accord EX 4-6 MSM
162 Posts
Don’t go springs. They cause premature wear to your otherwise stock suspension parts. And for the cost of struts and springs, you may as well do it the right way and get the adjustability of coilovers.
HeelToe Auto has a good selection. TEIN offers a great ride quality, but don’t go as low as other brands, but they might be what you’re looking for. Personally I have TEIN Flex Z and they’re great.
If you do go coils, you can start with ~1 inch down and keep going from there until it’s where you want it to be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
One said spring, another said coilover.....tough decision :) The one thing I'm worried about coilover is that dang clunk. Smoky9G, what's your experience with that? I really like the Tein Flex Z, just worry about clunky noise. I'm too old to deal with that :)

·
Registered
2014 Honda Accord EX 4-6 MSM
162 Posts
@Topper Good question! I do experience a moderate amount of clunk. It mainly happens when I’m going up a steep incline and my wheels are uneven, but never on level ground, even over bumps. For all intents and purposes, there’s no road noise from them at all under most driving conditions.

Also it should be noted, I’m pretty stubbornly against lowering springs, so I’m admittedly biased. what I said about premature wear is definitely true, but I also know people who love their springs. So maybe some more people can weigh in their opinions. For me though, nothing beats the ride quality of my TEINs.

·
Registered
772 Posts
@Smoky9G is right. If you plan lowering 2 inches or more, a coil over set is recommended. The Eibach Pro-Kit is a very mild drop of 1 inch.

No clunking noise, need to spend for rear camber kit, and can be used with factory struts since it's a drop just to close the wheel gap.

That mild drop is great if you often have passengers and have a full trunk at times

1 - 6 of 6 Posts