Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling audiophiles. I need your help identifying these connectors off of the head unit and if you can point me where I can the male and female connectors so I can make a pass through so I don't have to splice into my factory harness. This is for the EX-L model without Navi.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since I am trying to figure out a solution where I don't have to cut into my factory harnesses, I may be able to use an OBD2 connector harness for Can-L and Can-H signals and then build a full 24P audio connector with the metra 70-1729 and 71-1729 harnesses for the VCC, GND, and MODE signals.

·
Registered
514 Posts
What exactly are you trying to do? Are you running a 4 channel? Adding a sub? There are ways to do both without even touching anything behind the radio.

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
I don't understand why people freak out about cutting the factory wires. Cut them, put some quick disconnects/butt connectors/etc, wrap them up and call it a day. If you need to return to stock then just disconnect your aftermarket and wire it back up the way it was...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't understand why people freak out about cutting the factory wires. Cut them, put some quick disconnects/butt connectors/etc, wrap them up and call it a day. If you need to return to stock then just disconnect your aftermarket and wire it back up the way it was...
You lose all hope of warranty coverage if you have a wiring problem and the dealer opens up your dash and they see a Franken-monster. :paranoid:

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
2 wires tapped with quick connects and electrical tape, while the others are sufficiently wrapped to stop all electrical signals wouldn't be bad looking at all. Of course, I've never had to worry about warranty issues there, but I see where you're coming from. They would have to be able to prove that THAT is the reason for a possible electrical problem though....and if you have them done well then I wouldn't see a problem originating from something like a few tapped up/spliced wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts