Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my wife a 2017 Honda accord EXL-V6 & it has (2) two keyless remote Key FOB’s.
the one Key FOB works fine.
The 2nd. Key FOB does nothing. I replaced the key FOB battery. That was no help, & the 2nd. Key FOB is still not working.
If anyone out there has the instructions on programming or activating the 2nd. Key FOB
if possible, could you please post the step by step instructions inside my question post for Pairing the 2nd Key FOB to the cars onboard computer?
- also, IS there anyway for me to determine that the 2nd. Key FOB is dead, bad, or broken?
-if programming the 2nd. Key FOB requires that I use software to access the Hondas computer to gain access into the cars computer, & access the key FOB’s programming mode, if anyone

· Registered
2013 Touring 6 spd MT
340 Posts
Some key shops have scanning tools that can reprogram your fobs. You can also buy your own if they charge too much. Xtool D8 costs a few hundred dollars just to compare.

· cvt - NOT
1,501 Posts
Did you inquire about the 2nd key fob with the entity or person you purchased the car from? In most cases you can require the seller to resolve the issue as part of the purchase agreement.

· Cruising in Montana
2015 Accord Sport, 4-cylinder, CVT
5,092 Posts
The 2nd. Key FOB does nothing.
What does it not do? Does it not unlock the doors, does it not start the car? Those are two totally different things. Not able to start requires a small RFID chip in the plastic shell, and it needs to talk to the car's computer, and that computer needs to have that RFID chip on it's list of 'approved' things to talk to.

I imagine the owner's manual tells you how to reprogram it to open doors.

Making it able to start the car is generally not a DIY thing due to a computer needed to pair the key to the car's computer. A locksmith might be able to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts