Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I've done a lot of searching around and tinkering with my fuses and I still can't find whatever fuse is responsible for interior lights turning on when the car is unlocked. Also need to find the fuse that turns the door lights on when the doors are opened... its a 2012 fancypants sedan w/ navi

I'm trapped in 1992 so I decided to install underglow that I want to function as puddle lights and also turn on with interior lights when the car is unlocked (I'm also thinking about installing a switch or two to give it different functions. at least one as a kill switch for the system.)

I noticed several questions very close to mine if not the same floating around with no answers. thanks for any insight <3 <3 <3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got a good answer on honda-tech. I'll paste it here so one of these posts finally has an answer:

"The courtesy lights, ceiling lights, etc. are negative trigger (ground) from the door switches. Each door switch wire run to respective Driver's Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU) or Passenger side MICU located in the separate under-dash fuse/relay boxes (there is a driver side and a passenger side).

If you connect the ground source wire from your LEDs or bulbs to the wire pin from the MICU, it will trigger your LEDs or bulbs to come on when a door is open and shut off with the doors closed after a brief period. At the Driver's under-dash fuse/relay box, there is an empty connector slot (Option Connector H). Terminal pin number 8 is the pin in the cavity slot that the driver's MICU sends the ground source signal when the driver's door is open.

Option Connector H is the empty slot directly above fuse slot #31 in this link showing photos of the various fuse boxes: https://fusesdiagram.com/honda/fuses...2008-2012.html

Note: If you inadvertently hook something wrong (such as causing a short) or your connection comes loose later and shorting something, there is a chance the short which can damage to the MICU or something else. MICU replacement would be the whole fuse/relay box and necessitate registration due to the Immobilizer System."

-tech8

1 - 2 of 2 Posts