Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Pretty new here and uhh... I just installed a new set of wheels and tires to my accord coupe 2011 but in a result of too poke.

My wheels are 19x9.5 +15 offset and the tires are 245/40/19.
Is there any way i can lessen the poke or close to flush. I believe even cambering it will look funny.

Perhaps changing the stock rotor brakes with a thinner hub. if there's such thing... I'm not much of a car person but I like my accord and I envy the others who have an awesome build. I guess i just started entering this kind of world, so complicated.

Please see the images below.

I have the eibach springs, I'll install it soon :(

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Idk my friend, wheels look good. But that's just to much poking out. I was gonna go 19x9.5 with 245/40/19. And seeing that guess I'll have to go a smaller wheel width route. Are those mrr gf7?

If you YouTube mrr gf7 there's an accord with those specs and it looks really good.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
i wish i understood wheels and tires and offsets and all those numbers enough to give a coherent comment lol

·
Blow The Carbon Out
190 Posts
The only easy answer here is camber and lower so that low of an offset. Definitely need to roll front and rear fenders, maybe even a pull as well. Also may need to do some modification to the wheel well in front.

·
Registered
755 Posts
9.5" +15 offset is pretty damn aggressive at least on an accord. I'd imagine a drop/camber and some fender massaging will help but I still think you will poking out a bit. Good luck.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Damm you went with+15 in the front. Bad move my friend. I am on 8.5 +38 in the front it fit perfect.
You will have to run a lot of camber or change your wheels for a different offset in the front. The lower the offset the more the wheel will come out and add that to a wider rim and even more is coming out. Try to exchange the front wheels is your best bet. The rear you can manage to make it look good but you will need roll and pull to make it almost flush

Excellent choice of rims btw I like them a lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeh, the rear is poking out about slightly over an inch and half. the front is slightly over 2 inches. For sure ill have it exchange but Im gonna exchange all of it.

May I see you whats the +38 offset looks like on urs? Not sure whats a good offset for the rear. Perhaps I should just go 8.5 for all tirea

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
i mean, you could just drive everywhere in reverse

lmao

actually, no. don't do this.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Unfortunately I broke a rim and took them out but go staggered like 8.5 front and 9.5 rear but a higher offset between 38 and 45 should be fine and in the rear I will say between 35 to 42 so it could be flush. Good luck I hope I could have help u

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These are 20x8.5 +42 offset. Perfect fit front and rear. no poke, no fender roll. even with the lowered Tein coils.
Those looks good, specially the front. That's a 9th gen right? Would the sizing be the same as 2011? If so, maybe I can use yours as a reference and re-measure my offset. The tires looks nice too, is that 35 series? 235/245?

Unfortunately I broke a rim and took them out but go staggered like 8.5 front and 9.5 rear but a higher offset between 38 and 45 should be fine and in the rear I will say between 35 to 42 so it could be flush. Good luck I hope I could have help u
Im tempted to stagger it but then I wouldn't be able to do tire rotation...? Ill see what will be best within 38-45 :) thanks!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Those looks good, specially the front. That's a 9th gen right? Would the sizing be the same as 2011? If so, maybe I can use yours as a reference and re-measure my offset. The tires looks nice too, is that 35 series? 235/245?
yeah its a 9th gen, but I also had a 2012 accord and "i think" the fitments on 8th gens are very similar if not easier on fitment. As in you could get away with +35 or +38 offset easy. You will find that there are alot more options in +35 offsets. The tires on mine are 245/35/20. 235's would be ok too, just a little more stretch. I used the tire size calculator on wheel-size.com. That will get you in the ballpark. Just type in your stock size and play around with different sizes. I contemplated staggard too,but like you said No rotation.

·
Black on Black 8th Gen
30 Posts
Hey Markie,

I like the starting point. In your case, with those wheels, you'll end with a somewhat aggresive stance. In order to fit right, you are going to have to roll your fenders, drop on coilovers and get a camber kit. That's my opinion. I like to typically start with the suspension first then work on the wheels, that way I have more of an idea of what size, width and offset I will be going with. I hope this helps. Here are a couple good sites for referrence.

FitMyWheels - Wheel fitment, offset, and tire stretch calculator

Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

Tyrestretch.com

With the right tools and knowledge and maybe a lil dreaming too, you can pretty much make any wheel and tire combo fit, within means...

·
Just Do It
347 Posts
have to get a higher offset if you want not poke anything in high 30s+
you would have to drop , camber and pull (maybe even flare) fenders. I got 19x9.5 F + 29 slight poke.

·
Registered
97 Posts
There's really not much you can do at this point other than getting different wheels. You can get a smaller tire and that may help the illusion of it not looking as wide. Fender pulling/rolling is another option. I wouldn't waste your time trying to get smaller brake rotors. See if you could trade your wheels to someone for a different size. Higher offset in particular is what you'll need

1 - 18 of 18 Posts