Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i own 2007 accord. Had no idea car has a remote starter till my niece is playing with key and all of a sudden car goes on lol. Any idea how to turn on the car with oem key???

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
Press lock twice to start, sometimes (3) times. Works off your lock wire.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
That's not an OEM feature, I don't think your dealer's going to know...

Look for the control unit, find out what someone installed before you and then look online for the manual.

If possible to contact the previous owner, that might help too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

that's not an oem feature, i don't think your dealer's going to know...

Look for the control unit, find out what someone installed before you and then look online for the manual.

If possible to contact the previous owner, that might help too.
thanks defenetly doing that

·
Super Moderator
4,311 Posts
Just try some combination of of presses. Maybe lock - unlock - lock. Or maybe unlock 3 times or something like that. My remote start has the option to receive a pulse from the lock wire but the range of the OEM fob is too short so I didn't use that option.

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
DEI (Viper) had/has an OEM add on that required a pulse (programmable from 1 to 5) to start, on vehicles with honk on second pulse I would program for (3) pulses, to make sure vehicle was secured. Bad part of add on is/was No Range.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Just try some combination of of presses. Maybe lock - unlock - lock. Or maybe unlock 3 times or something like that. My remote start has the option to receive a pulse from the lock wire but the range of the OEM fob is too short so I didn't use that option.
I second this. I have the remote starter as well (installed at dealer) and that is how mine works. So if yours was installed at the dealer, chances are it'll work the same way.

·
Not a n00b!
542 Posts
I second this. I have the remote starter as well (installed at dealer) and that is how mine works. So if yours was installed at the dealer, chances are it'll work the same way.
I'll throw in a third on that. I have been installing starters for years and i don't like those add on units as the range from the OEM key $uc&s!!! Chances are it is tapped into the lock or unlock wire in the driver's kick panel. The add on unit looks for a series of pulses and then fires up!!

Personally, i would scrap it for a unit with it's own antenna and fob. The good news is that the hard work has all been done for you and all you would need to do is hook up to the existing wires!

R.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts