Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Same
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello lads,
Recently i have been having a problem with my 6-6 where every time i shift from 2 to 3 and from 3 to 4th gear at high rpm going full out it feels as if the car has no power for a second or two almost like the clutch is slipping. The car has only 65xxx km on it. I noticed this problem about a week after installing my Takeda SRI. I don't know how that could be related at all but just trying to give as much information as possible.
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
It is probably the clutch. Anytime you speed shift near redline, you will definitely NOT match revs. You’ll release the clutch with too much rpm for the speed in the next gear. For the 1-2 shift, the low gearing still provides enough torque multiplication to make the wheels chirp or even spin. The engine and transmission will fully connect and the tires will spin to absorb the miss-matched rpm. But in higher gears, there is less torque multiplication and the tires don’t break loose. In higher gears, the tires remain fully connected to the road and the clutch must slip to absorb the miss-matched rpm. That may take a second or so. With the louder SRI, you are probably more aware of engine rpm which makes clutch slip more pronounced.

If you want, look at post #90 in this thread:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68962&page=6

This is my car and I also had some clutch slip going from second to third. It happens. Your car is probably just fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just replaced my clutch at 47,000 and went to a lightened single mass aluminum fly. First make sure you remove the clutch dampening device (a little piece of plastic ) in the slave cylinder on the front of tran.

·
Registered
73 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts