Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Accord Sedan. I desperately need to get my rear seats to fold down so I can work on one of my coilovers however the rear seat release lever in the truck broke. I have tried everything I can think of and unable to get the seats down.

Does anybody know of a solution? Anything reasonable?

If I can't get the seats down today, I will take the car to the dealer. I really don't want to have to pay some outrageous dealer price to fix.

Any help is greatly appreciated. If you can help me get the seats down, I'll buy you a beer and or dinner the next time you are in Austin, Texas.

Thanks!

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Depends on where it broke, you should be able to find the cord its attached to and pull it with a vise grip.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been yanking and pulling on the card with all I got. Actually it may not be the cord that's broke but something close or at the release point. I pulled on the cord, heard a pop and then unable to pull and get seats to release....so something is broken somewhere.

·
Registered
755 Posts
This is on my coupe but I bet it's the same on the sedan. If you climb into the trunk(fun) and look up towards the sky you will see various openings in the metal bulk head so to speak. There are four of five holes. You want to get at the one that's locatated just left of the center of the vehicle. There you will find the actual mechanism(a little arm that moves when you pull the cable). You have to stick a flathead screwdriver in there and push it out of the way and then push the seat forward. I tried and it wasn't too hard but I was able to see how the mechanism worked first because I could easily drop the seat and play with it from inside the car. This is your best bet let me know if you need more pictures

Ok so that picture is horrible lol. Here is a better shot. You have to push the goldish metal part on the lower right forward. That little round looking bit poking thru it is the pin that releases the little hook that grabs the bar on the back of the seat. Push it forward through the hole while in the trunk and the seat will push forward. Pretty dang easy.

·
Garbo1
34 Posts
still trying...push ...tap...just cant release

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi , I have a Honda Accord 2012 LX and I have the same issue i.e the lever to fold the rear seat broke . I tried to follow the instructions posted here but could not find the round knob to release the hook for folding rear seat . Any suggestions ? Thanks

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,246 Posts
Oh boy I must be an idiot lol. Isn't the back seat lever in the trunk ? I always go to the trunk and just pull that handle.

Those pictures look like there is another one inside the car by the back seats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On mine, I think the L shaped metal bar, that clips to the release latch, won't stay on. So when you pull on it, it doesn't attach to anything. I wonder if there was a plastic clip to hold the L shaped bar in place. This is what they did with the 2007 Honda Fit. I fixed the Honda Fit that way, but I don't see that part on the 2013 Accord specs. They won't let me add a link here, so do a search for "honda fit 2007 rear seat fold down repair" I posted images of that fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is on my coupe but I bet it's the same on the sedan. If you climb into the trunk(fun) and look up towards the sky you will see various openings in the metal bulk head so to speak. There are four of five holes. You want to get at the one that's locatated just left of the center of the vehicle. There you will find the actual mechanism(a little arm that moves when you pull the cable). You have to stick a flathead screwdriver in there and push it out of the way and then push the seat forward. I tried and it wasn't too hard but I was able to see how the mechanism worked first because I could easily drop the seat and play with it from inside the car. This is your best bet let me know if you need more pictures

Ok so that picture is horrible lol. Here is a better shot. You have to push the goldish metal part on the lower right forward. That little round looking bit poking thru it is the pin that releases the little hook that grabs the bar on the back of the seat. Push it forward through the hole while in the trunk and the seat will push forward. Pretty dang easy.
Dude you rock!! I got my 2015 Accord Exl seat down by doing exactly as you said and it was super simple!!🙏🙏🙏I wasted Way too much time on this until I saw your reply !! Ty again!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts

You are awesome! Saved me $140

·
Registered
1 Posts

You just saved my a$$ big time. Headed out on a ski trip with friends and haven't been able to get my back seats down using the normal cable pull. Was a little confused on the directions and for anyone else with this issue this might help. - The entire gold piece has to move to LEFT when you are in the trunk. Or towards the passenger side. The little pin doesn't have to go up through the gold piece. Once again, move the entire piece to the side and push the seats back when you are in the trunk.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts