Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
6th Gear
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 04 accord sedan, and I'm getting these clicking noise in the rear passenger side every time I turn or go on a bump. Its a mixture of clicking and knocking. I pushed down on the rear(no noise came at all), and it didn't seem like it was the shocks. It is the swaybar endlinks or bushings? Currently, I'm at 171K. Just yesterday I jacked up the car, and while the car was going up I heard the noise again.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
Try tightening the end links first. Allen key + box end wrench. When I installed my aftermarket sway bar I didn't go tight enough so I'd get a clunking noise going on whenever I shifted the weight of the car. Bushings I think makes more of a squelch or squeak when going out and not a clunk.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Just yesterday I jacked up the car, and while the car was going up I heard the noise again.
If your car makes the noise consistently when you jack it up I'd suggest you use that to locate where the noise is coming from. You might need a helper to pump the jack and of course use something else under the car in addition to the jack for safety. It sure seems likely that you can localize the sound if you can repeat it. Personally, I'd go with being able to hear and look for the problem than to ask people on the internet to guess what it is. Good luck - - hope you're not in the middle of some sloppy winter weather!

·
EX V6 6spd
133 Posts
Same noise here, its the end link. Jack it up and you will see the endlink bolt is loose, which moves up and down causing the noise. I still havent tightened mine yet, i should lol.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
you should be able to jack up the back remove the tires and see if the links are bad. I just replaced my fronts when one end poped out when jacked up.

·
6th Gear
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your car makes the noise consistently when you jack it up I'd suggest you use that to locate where the noise is coming from. You might need a helper to pump the jack and of course use something else under the car in addition to the jack for safety. It sure seems likely that you can localize the sound if you can repeat it. Personally, I'd go with being able to hear and look for the problem than to ask people on the internet to guess what it is. Good luck - - hope you're not in the middle of some sloppy winter weather!
Thanks man! Pretty sure it's the sway bar, and I do live in Michigan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts