Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was hoping someone on here could help me pinpoint the problem. So I bought a 2007 Accord 4cyl two weeks ago or so and everything was fine until now. The car drives fine but sometimes when I brake, I could hear this low clanking/grinding noise at the rear of the car. It goes "clank clank clank clank" and follows the rotation of the wheels. It's not too low but it's audible from the drivers seat with the windows down.

Sometimes, I'll brake and won't hear the clanking sound but as soon as I start accelerating again, i'll hear the clanking sounds for a while and then it goes away after a bit. And sometimes this won't happen for an entire day. It's weird.

Anyone know what this could be? I've tried reversing and slamming the emergency brake to see if it's just the drums needing auto-readjustment but it doesn't seem to help.

Thanks,

- Louis

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
start with making sure your wheels are tight. if ok,
remove the wheels and inspect. anything visually wrong? if all appears ok,
inspect the shoes for damage or oil. if ok,
inspect the drum for excessive corrosion rubbing the backing plate and clean rust, and clean and center the drums and road test. if not ok,
replace the drums and shoes(if worn)

personally I'm voting for corrosion on the drum lips touching the backing plate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts