Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so maybe this has been posted but i just wanted to clarify, i have a 12'' loaded enclosure sub in the trunk and have some serious trunk rattle. i can remove the carpeting in the trunk and wanted to know how to apply sound deadening material and how much to apply and where exactly in the trunk. also if anyone had any suggestions on cheap but good sound deadening material that would be awesome. i read somewhere that fatmat was good, thanks!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I used Ballistic brand in my truck, haven't put any in the Accord. The stuff comes in sheets and has an adhesive back to it, very adhesive.
It is used primarily to take the tin sound out of metal. Take a look at youtube and see if there are any vids that would help give you some ideas.
I know some guys on here have done their entire cabin/trunk.

·
Enjoying Life!!!
55 Posts
Spray on would be the best if you have a compressor or willing to pay a shop to do the work. Better coverage!

·
Registered
608 Posts
You simply need to add mass to the panels. Use CLD tiles or equivalent (dynamat, but too expensive). Do not need to cover 100% of the surface area and you don't want to as it will weigh down your car. Especially be careful on the trunk door itself as it will become too heavy and flop down easily when you open it.

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys I actually found this material called GTMAT and it's only 85 bucks for 50 feet, apparently people compare it to dynamat. Lol I found that if I just moved my sub a couple inches away from the rear deck metal bracket and just gave the sub some room around it a lot of rattle went away and the sound is much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts