Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Elvira
4,387 Posts
Hey all! 09 Accord 2.4 & the 1st plug on the pass. side spins, but won't come out. Any wisdom is deeply appreciated! Thank you in advance!
This sounds like one of two possibilities.

Either the socket is being prevented from fully seating over the hex of the plug (best possibility)

Look down the plug well to see if there is anything obstructing the socket from getting full purchase on the hex. Also determine if the tip of the plug is centered in the well. If it is canted off vertical center, it may be cross-threaded.

OR

The hex portion of the plug has sheered off the top of the plug and the threaded portion is stuck in the head. (worst possibility)

Are you able to "tighten" the plug or does it spin in both directions?

· 2015 accord sport
218 Posts
Hey all! 09 Accord 2.4 & the 1st plug on the pass. side spins, but won't come out. Any wisdom is deeply appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Wow, it does sound likes its cross threaded and stripped , I mean if you know for sure your socket is snug fit over the spark plug than that’s mostly what it is. If that is the case than most likely the head need to come off to be repaired. Good luck

· Elvira
4,387 Posts

· V6 Supremacist 😎
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
2,263 Posts
The same thing happened to my old spark plug socket I got from Home Depot. Went to AutoZone and snagged that Duralast magnetic version, except mine didn't come with the extension (which I didn't mind, as I already had the extension). Using the magnet instead of the rubber will make sure this doesn't happen again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts