Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 2010 honda accord coupe with extremely loud screechy brakes... they squeel 50% of the time i step on the brakes. when i brought my car to the dealership with the TSB to get it fixed, they said that they couldnt find a defect in the brakes and that if i wanted to switch to the brakes in the TSB, i would have to pay out of my pocket to get the new brake pads in the TSB. when i asked him about the warranty coverage, he said that the warranty is only good if they find a defect. FML.

is what they're saying true? what do i say to get them to change them?
should i try another dealership?

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
go to a different dealer, or ask to speak to that dealers general manager

·
niiice!
347 Posts
^ what he said.

I believe you can take your honda to Any (or more so any honda dealer in the US) and they will have to service it regardless of who or which dealer convinced you to buy the honda.

so do that without hesitation. its your car, but its there car. so make them do what the warranty says!

·
Internet
502 Posts
my dealership likes to be pretty *** too
ive had a similar experience where they avoid fixing your car
my advice is...if you cant get any help, do a DIY brake pad change yourself, and if you happen to spot anything noticeably wrong with your original brake pads, take it to them and make em replace it.
i had a blown shock that caused 2 months of annoyance for me, and i decided to take it to the dealership TWICE, and the mechanics said they couldnt find anything, so i decided to get TEIN coils and while installing, i saw that the blown strut was covered in age old oil and was super messed up. and they said they couldnt find anything

·
Motor City
707 Posts
my advice is...if you cant get any help, do a DIY brake pad change yourself, and if you happen to spot anything noticeably wrong with your original brake pads, take it to them and make em replace it.
i had a blown shock that caused 2 months of annoyance for me, and i decided to take it to the dealership TWICE, and the mechanics said they couldnt find anything, so i decided to get TEIN coils and while installing, i saw that the blown strut was covered in age old oil and was super messed up. and they said they couldnt find anything
I honestly don't trust the dealerships... always gotta double check their work after they do anything to your car

·
Registered
115 Posts
Did you make them reimburse your money? If they reimburse money then that is a good way to get aftermarket coilover :thumbsup:. Don't take me wrong :lmao:

·
Registered
607 Posts
I honestly don't trust the dealerships... always gotta double check their work after they do anything to your car
Amen!

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
2,105 Posts
1. How old are you? Your age is indicative of the service you will get.
2. Are you holding the TSB in hand when you talk to them about the problem? I wouldn't do that, if you are. Keep it in your back pocket.
3. When you talk to the SA's or techs or whoever, be really nice and say stuff like " It's a brand new car, and when I come to a stop, the brakes squeak and I always think there's something wrong. I don't think the car should be doing that. Do you know why it would be making such a noise? ... I got the car because i wanted to have the worry-free Honda experience" ... blah blah blah

Don't start demanding TSB work, its a bulletin, not a recall. And, if you are younger and your parents bought you the car, bring your parent(s) to the dealer and have them to the talking.

The thing about dealerships is that they think they are irreplaceable, which isn't true. What is true, is that for every 1 helpful person at a dealership, there are a dozen assholes who don't care.

·
Living Life
492 Posts
Its funny how the ppl working at dealership may be an a$$ (haven't met one yet........), I wonder how they would feel if they went to a different dealership to purchase a car and meet an a$$.

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
They get treated just as bad at other dealers... many don't own the brand they work on because the owner owns several brands of dealers & they can get a "discount" at any of them. They deal with the same crap y'all do!

Honda changed the flat rate AGAIN so techs get paid about 1/3 of customer pay rate for warranty work.

NEVER have the TSB showing when you go in! You come across as a know-it-all whiner. You can ask the Service writer to take the time WITH YOU RIGHT THERE to look up bulletins on your car.

The majority of the time the problem is with the service writer & how the job is written up. "customer complaint brake squeal coming from the front with light pressure after car is warm" is more efficient than "brake noise". Don't let the writers short cut your work order!! 90% of how the job is handled by the tech depends on the write up. No one wants to chase down a problem that has no clear description. Then the tech gets the blame when he doesn't want to hunt it down for free.

The best dealers charge to a agreed on diagnostic time. 30 or 60 minutes generally. To be put into the cost of the repair under customer pay.

I'm not sure age has anything to do with it, if it's a problem with how the tech handled the car since they rarely even see the owners.

Last week there was an '08 MT & they were complaining about shifting in 3rd gear. It needed the update, but when getting a full description, there was something else. My prince took the time to make the owner drive it with him in the car. Turns out this guy was shifting at less than 1K RPM. The poor car wasn't liking that at all. It not only caused the car to buck, but made a misfire. Using the HDS on another drive alone the car had a weak coil on one cyl. On the tech write up he did note that the driver needs to learn the proper way to drive manual. This was all under warranty. Which means he got paid the few minutes to replace the coil & the allotted time for the update, but not a dime for the time of test drives, not a dime for the needed conversations, not a dime for the diagnostic.

Since being here in FL & dealing with various customer services, I'd say that in general customer service is become a big failure. Everyone is feeling the economic crunch & whether it's AT&T or the electric company or a auto dealer, they all seem to be getting more testy! Grumpy! Sometimes just plain rude! Then every once in a while I've dealt with one with a heart! It's enough to nearly make me cry!! It's so refreshing!!:)

My 2 cents from the other side.....:D

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Everyone is feeling the economic crunch & whether it's AT&T or the electric company or a auto dealer, they all seem to be getting more testy! Grumpy! Sometimes just plain rude! Then every once in a while I've dealt with one with a heart! It's enough to nearly make me cry!! It's so refreshing!!:)
It's always good to hear from you, Princess.

We have about 5 Honda dealerships near our state capital. They ALL respond positively to tact/courtesy (and humor when appropriate). Appreciate your 8th Gen 6-6 story. Again, thanks for your insider viewpoint..............best to you and your prince (a good tech is solid gold to this sailor).

ez....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im 20 years old. and yeah i bought the car with my parents... my cars at around 5500 miles but the squeal was there for a long time before that....

and when i walked in i walked in with the TSB and i showed it right to them.. i guess i messed up.
im probably gonna have to try getting service at another dealership then...

and for those of you who dont go to dealerships, how do you find a reliable auto shop? the one i used to go to around where i live was horrible so i planned to stick to dealership for this car... not turning out too well...

i also tried arguing about the missing blue courtesy light by the map lights near the sunglass holder and they said they would call me back but never did... this is ridiculous.

thanks for everyones tips btw.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,457 Posts
if i may ask, where do you live? i might be able to do some searching for ya for a couple indy honda shops for you to try.... :wave:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if i may ask, where do you live? i might be able to do some searching for ya for a couple indy honda shops for you to try.... :wave:
im in central jersey lol. a list of trusted honda autoshops around my area would be awesome if you can find any. thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts