Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· 2005 Honda Accord EX V6
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

First, I wanted to say hello to everyone. I am new on this forum having just bought a used 2005 Honda Accord EX V6.

Second, on the navi display, I go to my trip computer and it seems to only work part time... Which does not help seeing as the whole purpose is to see my fuel usage over time and see what I can do to improve it!

Third, the voice activation barely works/does not do the commands I issue. For EX. I gave it a navigation command straight from the handbook, and it replied with "Fan speed four". What ever command I give, if it even picks it up, it usually with reply with adjusting the fan speed, the volume and once in a while some random action in the navigation. I turn the A/C completely off before giving commands, and seeing as how its winter I keep my windows up and the car automatically mutes music being played I don't see what the problem is! I don't speak in a heavy accent, nor slur and I speak in a loud clear voice.

Any ideas fellow Honda lovers?

10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys!

The voice activation doesn't bother me as much, just slightly annoying because it's a feature that should work but isn't!

But the trip computer has me pissed lol. Is there a DIY fix a noob could do, or is it a complicated situation to fix that nav?

10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also it is the stock OEM head unit with NAV. No blue tooth.

Ethlar I will try and see if I have a diagnostic tomorrow and get back to you.

I could really use a pic/video tutorial of how to fix the trip computer. That link you shared just had a few pictures, no details on how to get into where it is and what to do once there

10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay I got to the diagnostic menu.

I went to the microphone diagnostic and it showed a green box bar with one red box at the end I press the Talk button on the wheel as it indicated, it said "recording now" and there was no movement whatsoever on the green bar.
so I can only conclude that either the microphone is disconnected or turned off. Is there is some fuse I can check for the microphone? Where do I access the microphone wires to make sure everything is connected?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.