Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Internet
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I've been looking into getting rims and what I've figured on getting were the...........................

Sportmax/XXR 521's with Chrome rivets
20x10.5 5-114.3/120
would these fit my car?

and also, what brand of tires should i use? I've never learned about how tire sizes worked, and I want the stretched look, any particular brand of tires I should look into? and how much would those tires cost? and labor to get them stretched on, also, obviously i would like to avoid rubbing haha
thanks!

Additional info: lowered all the way on TEIN coils

·
whataaa?!?
178 Posts
You won't be paying extra to get a tire "stretched", it's just a like a regular tire install.
I'm not familiar with tire sizes that well but if I may so from experience, that stretched tires equal smaller side wall which means bumpy ass ride. So be prepared.

If I had to take a stab at the 10.5 I'd say you could run a 225/40? Not sure...just playing with numbers.

Good luck though!

·
Internet
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You won't be paying extra to get a tire "stretched", it's just a like a regular tire install.
I'm not familiar with tire sizes that well but if I may so from experience, that stretched tires equal smaller side wall which means bumpy ass ride. So be prepared.

If I had to take a stab at the 10.5 I'd say you could run a 225/40? Not sure...just playing with numbers.

Good luck though!
ahh, would it be even worse now that i have tein coils dropped at 25 & 25 1/4?
and thanks for the help, if anybody else has some feedback, it would be greatly appreciated :)

·
whataaa?!?
178 Posts
You should consider stretched tires ONLY if your driving and roads condone that .
If comfort is an issue for you then forget them little tires.

·
Internet
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should consider stretched tires ONLY if your driving and roads condone that .
If comfort is an issue for you then forget them little tires.
yeah i feel ya, but i just dont want fatty ass tires, doesnt look right lmao
thats why im trying to research it, i mean, if im doing anything wrong, i would love somebody to correct me and point me towards the right direction like...
issue with rim width, incompatibility with tires. etc etc.
im just throwing an idea whom i hope others can give me some input, like giving me different sizes, tire specs, etc etc.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
10.5 is too big for the front. It'll fit but they will stick out past the fenders. Unless you know what you are doing, they won't look right.

I have 285/30/20 on my rear 10.5. The tires aren't really stretched, but they aren't fat. The lip protector on the tire isn't all the way to the lip.

This is what 275/30/20 looks like:

·
Internet
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10.5 is too big for the front. It'll fit but they will stick out past the fenders. Unless you know what you are doing, they won't look right.

I have 285/30/20 on my rear 10.5. The tires aren't really stretched, but they aren't fat. The lip protector on the tire isn't all the way to the lip.

This is what 275/30/20 looks like:

I'm kind of digging that look :) if i were to fix that, i might invest in some spacers for the rear to make it even out as well, thats just my personal opinion of course, i might actually try that, but would you recommend me the tire size so that the lip protector reaches all the way to the lip? or is there no need? I'm sorry, but I honestly don't know much about tire sizes. it would be great if I knew what tires would go on what.
and do you recommend any specific brand of tire? thanks :thmsup:

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
It really depends on what you are doing with your suspension, if you are going to slam it but wanting to be flush, a stretch tire will be needed to avoid fender rubbing, along with some fender rolling. But if you are just going with a mild drop on springs or coils, I'd get the tires to fit closer to the lip, that way you have less of a chance to bending / scraping a wheel.

Falk, Bridgestone, Yokohama, Kumho .. there are several good tires out there, just have to read some reviews.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
don't forget to check the wheel offset.

·
Internet
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm...
Now I'm contemplating whether or not I should get the 8.5 inch wide ones, would those pose a less questionable ride? or should I hit the 18's of these? because as of now, my tein basics are down as far as they can do, I mean, if I have to, I will raise my car up, but until then, I'm still trying to take some time to figure out how it is I want my wheels.
so should I go with the 20x8.5 or 18x10 or 18x8.5? it seems like 20x10.5 would post too many problems?

·
Internet
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man, so many decisions, urgh. this is a hard one haha
I think if i went with 20's, they would pose too many problems, I think I might go with the 18's, but then again... hahaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts