Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i've been trying to install the illuminated steering wheel controls into my 03 ex-l coupe. i've already ordered and received the switches, but i was following along the diy in the 7th gen faq section and i've run into a couple of issues;

-first, the switches have one less harness than what is pictured (i'm assuming this is for voice control which i don't have, so that should be ok)

-second, the harness on my new switches is blue as opposed to the white that is pictured

-third, i can get all the way up to removing the airbag (two t30 torx bolts) but i can seem to remove them... so i dunno if i'm missing something?

also, as opposed to adding the two wires into the harness at the top of the steering column, could you not just splice into the two wires on the switch itself and then tap into the source (ie foglight connector) directly since after adding wires to the top you have to splice anyways?

any help is greatly appreciated... thx guys

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i cant help you with wiring up the switches because i've never done it before but i have removed my airbag.

-third, i can get all the way up to removing the airbag (two t30 torx bolts) but i can seem to remove them... so i dunno if i'm missing something?
the two t30 torx bolts are the only things holding the airbag in place. once u get those out, disconnect the ground and connector wire on the bottom of the steering wheel and just give it a nice tug and it'll come out. make sure your battery is disconnected before you unplug the airbag connector.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx for the help paperboy, i've gotten that far, just the t30 bolts are really tight... did u have that issue?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
they are supposed to be a little tight, but not extremely tight. just try not to strip it because that would be a big problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts