Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Recently I was reading a for sale post by someone on Facebook selling a k24a8 vtec killer setup. I started to research about this but I feel like I am just confused on everything I come by. I have an 07 Accord EX 5 A/T. I have exhaust and intake and I have been wanting to get a bit more power out of the car and so when I came across that post he said he was making 200+ to the wheels, this interested me. I PM'd him...no response.

SO, I guess my main question is, can someone explain what a "vtec killer" setup actually is and what it would be like for the k24a8?

·
2007 Accord Coupe EX I4
554 Posts
Maybe the vtec bit was describing the feature of most of our Honda motors and the setup was a "killer" setup? I wouldn't describe "200+ whp" as killer anything though unless his car had a Lotus Elise's ridiculous weight-to-power ratio, in which case selling the motor as a "killer" setup is a bit misleading. Haha, that description is pretty ambiguous to me how I read it.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
OP - the seller was probably just using wording to bait people to his sale post...

The i-VTEC on our K24A8's is not the "kick your ass - throw you in your seat - legendary VTEC" ... if you want that - you should look to a different Honda ... examples - an RSX Type S MT, Civic Si MT, Accord Coupe V6 MT - those cars have "real VTEC" just like the old school B16/18 or H22 setups, intake AND exhaust...

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
1,018 Posts
VTEC killer cams have one profile (VTEC) so basically it's killing the VTEC feature. VTEC lobes are always on. This is for serious power setups, mostly top end. Adding this to your auto accord will do more harm than good. 06-08 TSX cams would be a better option, then again you would need to tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts