Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
2014 Accord EX white
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idk if this was a result from my accident or not....

lets says i come off a dead stop and let the car roll

then i tap the gas a bit (lets says im going 5 mph) the car hesitates a bit or gives a bit of a sticky feeling

i get that feeling of a clutch being grabbed and the car engaging a bit

(i am driving the CVT)

did anyone else notice this or is this a result of my accident maybe?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Idk if this was a result from my accident or not....

lets says i come off a dead stop and let the car roll

then i tap the gas a bit (lets says im going 5 mph) the car hesitates a bit or gives a bit of a sticky feeling

i get that feeling of a clutch being grabbed and the car engaging a bit

(i am driving the CVT)

did anyone else notice this or is this a result of my accident maybe?
Mine do the same thing, specially in school zones (15 or lower)
I think that its normal for the CVT

·
2014 Accord EX white
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine do the same thing, specially in school zones (15 or lower)
I think that its normal for the CVT
thanks for the reply...

wanted to make sure it wasnt just my car doing it

·
2014 Accord EX white
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol

i live in nyc... a manual would be tiring

but i agree that a manual car is a "mans" car....

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
How can you come to the conclusion that a manual transmission is a man's car? I guess that all the high end cars that most of us can't afford such as Farrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, McLaren and all the racing cars are woman's cars because they have automatic transmissions. I'm surprised that Honda still offers a manual transmission family sedan or even coupe. Manual transmissions will be relegated to the scrap heap of history along with buggy whips. In the next ten years autonomous driving cars will become common place. Most of us won't even own a car. The self driving car will be waiting every morning to take you to work. While you are working that car will fulfill other people's transportation needs. You will only pay for the time you use the vehicle.

Even in the 1960s Sir Jackie Stewart said in a Playboy interview that his personal cars are automatics because he didn't want to be bothered shifting gears in traffic. He was F1 racing's world champion. Back then racing cars had manual transmissions. If I want to shift gears then I would own a drop top two sest sports car to tool around on the weekends for fun.

·
Registered
44 Posts
CVT here and mine does the same, also notice it coasting down a slight hill at lower speeds.

as far as the MT is for 'men' comments... let me know when *** has a MT installed and you dont have to drive in traffic.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Flyboy, we (I'm gonna speak for all of us mt drivers here) enjoy shifting, otherwise we wouldn't have the car.

If you simply didn't care, that would be one thing. You seem to be antagonistic to manual transmissions in general. Go get what enjoyment you can out of your cvt that hesitates between 0-15 mph and let us do the same. Shifting isn't a chore, it's a joy. I hope the people who don't enjoy driving can get their self driving cars sooner rather than later so there will be less careless drivers on the road.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Flyboy, we (I'm gonna speak for all of us mt drivers here) enjoy shifting, otherwise we wouldn't have the car.

If you simply didn't care, that would be one thing. You seem to be antagonistic to manual transmissions in general. Go get what enjoyment you can out of your cvt that hesitates between 0-15 mph and let us do the same. Shifting isn't a chore, it's a joy. I hope the people who don't enjoy driving can get their self driving cars sooner rather than later so there will be less careless drivers on the road.
well put. not only do i enjoy shifting, but i enjoy having that much more control of the car. Not just shift points, but High and low traction control, weight distribution when cornering, braking, ect. and if anyone doesnt understand the physics behind the reason why you have more control with a M/T over an auto or CVT, then they dont know how to properly drive a M/T. Period. Now if honda offered a well performing DC trany, i would toss my M/T right out. Just saying, iv recently driven a GTR and the DC set up is ridiculous!

Reactions: MR_CR2

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Driving a manual is a chore when sitting behind some AT driver riding their brakes in stop and go traffic :)

I'll follow a semi who keeps a good following distance and doesn't do the brake/throttle/brake shuffle. Leave it in 1st or 2nd and putt along.

·
Registered
113 Posts

It sounds like you are saying all the MT drivers are good and careful drivers and the auto drivers are careless drivers. Also, someone who enjoy driving is not necessary enjoy shifting.

Not sure how this become a CVT vs MT thread. Both CVT and MT are excellent trans compare to what other brand/cars offer.

Respect people's choice. If a MT driver is wondering if there is something wrong with his trans and all the CVT driver jump out say CVT all the way or why do you get MT? you are so 80s'. What do you think? These comment will contribute nothing to the thread but start a meaningless discussion.

To OP, my CVT does the same thing. It is like dont know which gear it should use and jump around between first and second gear.

·
Registered
661 Posts
It sounds like you are saying all the MT drivers are good and careful drivers and the auto drivers are careless drivers. Also, someone who enjoy driving is not necessary enjoy shifting.

Not sure how this become a CVT vs MT thread. Both CVT and MT are excellent trans compare to what other brand/cars offer.

Respect people's choice. If a MT driver is wondering if there is something wrong with his trans and all the CVT driver jump out say CVT all the way or why do you get MT? you are so 80s'. What do you think? These comment will contribute nothing to the thread but start a meaningless discussion.

To OP, my CVT does the same thing. It is like dont know which gear it should use and jump around between first and second gear.
Sorry if it comes across that way, it wasn't intended. They are indeed both excellent transmissions that are enjoyable to drive. Mt is versatile while cvt is very smooth. We each have our preferences.

My frustration is with the portrayal of manuals as archaic/unbearable to drive. Certain people never hesitate to criticize mts.

·
2007 Accord Coupe EX I4
554 Posts
Thread jacking 101 taught by a mt drivers. I guess the superiority complex comes with the purchase of a vehicle with a mt.

No, just two different preferences clashing with each other. The fights occur when people don't take the time to communicate properly.

·
Long live the manual
728 Posts
Driving a manual is a chore when sitting behind some AT driver riding their brakes in stop and go traffic :)

I'll follow a semi who keeps a good following distance and doesn't do the brake/throttle/brake shuffle. Leave it in 1st or 2nd and putt along.
I don't find the manual to be a chore at all. In fact I like the way you can use the engine / drive train to brake the car by letting off the gas.
I guess for me driving the manual just makes driving more enjoyable & don't find the traffic jams a Chore. The clutch is light & the shifter is easy to engage any gear. :grin

Reactions: MR_CR2 and Username

·
Registered
491 Posts
Just wondering why the CVT owners on this forum get so hurt when a MT owner questions the tranny they own? Everyone has likes and opinions on what they prefer, but seems like some auto owners don't want anything to be said about their choice of tranny.

Bottom line is don't be so sensitive, drive what you like and don't worry what people say.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Just wondering why the CVT owners on this forum get so hurt when a MT owner questions the tranny they own? Everyone has likes and opinions on what they prefer, but seems like some auto owners don't want anything to be said about their choice of tranny.

Bottom line is don't be so sensitive, drive what you like and don't worry what people say.
I think the point though is that the OP has a CVT and he posted an issue related to his engine/tranny combo. For people to come on and say I drive a manual and its super great is fairly irrelevant to the OP's problem.

I love my manual, but will be opting for the CVT shortly... so I want to know about little issues going on and it would be helpful if the thread didn't turn into a "MT is for men, you CVT people suck" thread. It would be equally as important for 6AT owners not to come in and say V6 POWA is da best. :laugh

1 - 20 of 33 Posts