Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Grandpa
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I'm an old dude... 54 to be exact...I just got my 2011 EX-L V6 Coupe a few weeks ago. I don't have any mods planned, yet. I really like the car just the way it is. The stock wheels remind me some what of Cragar Mags of old, and I'm not into the whole slamming thing (I deal with speed bumps on a daily basis and I like to drive fast on twisty, bumpy back roads). I will probably leave my car stock for the most part (maybe a suspension upgrade, a tightening up if you will). I really enjoy seeing all of the mods you guys come up with, there is a lot of creativity here. I can't wait to drive my new car after the snow, ice and salt is gone... Oh... by the way, my darling wife of 30 years has a 2011 EX-LV6 Sedan, so we have two Accords.:D

Other, older Cars:
1965 Ford Country Squire station wagon 352 cid V8, 4bbl, chrome open element air cleaner, dual glass pack exhaust, FM converter... I really thought this was a cool car...

1970 Ford Thunderbird 429 cid V8, 4bbl, dual exhaust, under dash 8track player

1972 Oldsmobile 442 455 cid V8, Holley 650 double pumper 4bbl, chrome open element air cleaner, Accel ignition, Monroe air shocks, under dash 8track player

1971 Chevrolet Impala Custom Coupe, 400 cid V8, 2bbl, under dash 8track player

1977 Toyota Celica Coupe 2.2l I4 5spd... This car was a real dog

Two plus decades of company cars... mostly K cars and mini-vans ~sigh~

2003 VW GTI 1.8T 5spd... A very fun car, but VWs are expensive to fix and it was 7 years old so I traded it in for my Accord. Hooray for that!

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
So... I'm an old dude... 54 to be exact...I just got my 2011 EX-L V6 Coupe a few weeks ago. I don't have any mods planned, yet. I really like the car just the way it is. The stock wheels remind me some what of Cragar Mags of old, and I'm not into the whole slamming thing (I deal with speed bumps on a daily basis and I like to drive fast on twisty, bumpy back roads). I will probably leave my car stock for the most part (maybe a suspension upgrade, a tightening up if you will). I really enjoy seeing all of the mods you guys come up with, there is a lot of creativity here. I can't wait to drive my new car after the snow, ice and salt is gone... Oh... by the way, my darling wife of 30 years has a 2011 EX-LV6 Sedan, so we have two Accords.:D

Other, older Cars:
1965 Ford Country Squire station wagon 352 cid V8, 4bbl, chrome open element air cleaner, dual glass pack exhaust, FM converter... I really thought this was a cool car...

1970 Ford Thunderbird 429 cid V8, 4bbl, dual exhaust, under dash 8track player

1972 Oldsmobile 442 455 cid V8, Holley 650 double pumper 4bbl, chrome open element air cleaner, Accel ignition, Monroe air shocks, under dash 8track player

1971 Chevrolet Impala Custom Coupe, 400 cid V8, 2bbl, under dash 8track player
1977 Toyota Celica Coupe 2.2l I4 5spd... This car was a real dog

Two plus decades of company cars... mostly K cars and mini-vans ~sigh~

2003 VW GTI 1.8T 5spd... A very fun car, but VWs are expensive to fix and it was 7 years old so I traded it in for my Accord. Hooray for that!
Welcome, you would likely enjoy a TSX rear sway bar upgrade with a set of decent all-season performance tires.

The Thunderbird, Olds 442, and the Impala sound like a hoot! :thmsup:

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Welcome to the DA!

·
Registered
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav
871 Posts
Welcome!!!

·
Banned
294 Posts
Welcome, you would likely enjoy a TSX rear sway bar upgrade with a set of decent all-season performance tires.

The Thunderbird, Olds 442, and the Impala sound like a hoot! :thmsup:
My vote goes to the Olds 442. All before my time and based solely on my unc's Olds Cutlass Supreme. Still remember crusing with him and hearing Sailing on the radio! Classic and timeless!!

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

There's plenty of small upgrades you can do that aren't flashy and can improve your quality of driving. :)

·
Grandpa
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome messages everyone!!!

·
Reverse Gear
779 Posts
welcome man...nice list of cars you got there.

Was 8track like a big deal back then?

EDIT: I guess it was kind of like Nav and stuff these days, amazing how times change.

·
Grandpa
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welcome man...nice list of cars you got there.

Was 8track like a big deal back then?
If you wanted to listen to something besides the radio 8-track was the way to go. Midrangey mush, and mechanical tape noise... yuck, but at least you could listen to what you wanted to listen to... Growing up with this stuff (and having hearing damage as well) makes me not too picky about the audio systems that come with cars these days... They all sound great to me. :)

·
Reverse Gear
779 Posts
If you wanted to listen to something besides the radio 8-track was the way to go. Midrangey mush, and mechanical tape noise... yuck, but at least you could listen to what you wanted to listen to... Growing up with this stuff (and having hearing damage as well) makes me not too picky about the audio systems that come with cars these days... They all sound great to me. :)
good stuff man. Well enjoy your stay here, see you around :thmsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts