Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot find the measurements on the Aero kit. Can someone with the front underbody skirts measure how far their skirts extend from the original body? I only have about 4.5 inches of clearance and I can't tell by the Internet photos how far it comes down from the original body line.I know the side and rear will fit fine, my front is just lower because of my Eibach spring rake.
So basically I need it measured to the lowest point to where the original body
starts.. Thanks in advance, I appreciate the help.

·
Superbikes do it better
515 Posts
Here ya' go. I've got a 2014 V6 coupe with the HFP kit. It looks like you'll lose just under an inch of ride height at the front skirt's lowest point...maybe even less if you take into consideration the under body splash guards.

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here ya' go. I've got a 2014 V6 coupe with the HFP kit. It looks like you'll lose just under an inch of ride height at the front skirt's lowest point...maybe even less if you take into consideration the under body splash guards.
Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Looks like it will clear, the next thing is to determine if it will look okay with 18inch V6 Coupe wheels. Don't want the body to look too big for the wheels..

·
Superbikes do it better
515 Posts
Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Looks like it will clear, the next thing is to determine if it will look okay with 18inch V6 Coupe wheels. Don't want the body to look too big for the wheels..
You're welcome.

The look with the stock 18's isn't too bad. I took this shot right before I put my 20's back on. But admittedly, once you install an HFP aero kit, you'll probably want 19 or 20 inch wheels to complete the look....especially if you're looking to go "stanced."

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're welcome.

The look with the stock 18's isn't too bad. I took this shot right before I put my 20's back on. But admittedly, once you install an HFP aero kit, you'll probably want 19 or 20 inch wheels to complete the look....especially if you're looking to go "stanced."
I really like the way your car looks, is that with the factory suspension or do you have it dropped in the photo?

·
Superbikes do it better
515 Posts
Thanks, my car's suspension is stock. For practicality I'm staying away from suspension mods that reduce ride height.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, my car's suspension is stock. For practicality I'm staying away from suspension mods that reduce ride height.
Cool, I completely understand. I think you sold me.. I was worried because I am dropped on Eibachs with a 1.3 drop in the front and 1 in the rear. By the looks of your measurement I will be okay as long as I am careful.

·
Registered
333 Posts
You're welcome.

Did you add that 'chair rail' sill along the side? I have the same car/pkg but don't have that. Not sure if I like it more or not just curious.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're welcome.

Did you add that 'chair rail' sill along the side? I have the same car/pkg but don't have that. Not sure if I like it more or not just curious.
What is a chair rail?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I didn't know what to call it, that little trim piece about half way up your door. It's what they call it in home construction when you have trim half way up the wall lol.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't know what to call it, that little trim piece about half way up your door. It's what they call it in home construction when you have trim half way up the wall lol.

Ohhhh, the side body molding. I'm considering doing it when I order my HFP kit, I think it goes well with the body line.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I haven't decided if I like it or not yet just curious if it's an OEM honda product we just don't get in Canada. Or maybe it's just not part of the HFP kit

·
Superbikes do it better
515 Posts
I haven't decided if I like it or not yet just curious if it's an OEM honda product we just don't get in Canada. Or maybe it's just not part of the HFP kit
The body-side mouldings are actually an OEM Honda accessory, but they're an accessory item that's purchases separate from the HFP aero kit.

...but the "chair rail analogy" was a good one.:thmsup:

·
Registered
333 Posts
The body-side mouldings are actually an OEM Honda accessory, but they're an accessory item that's purchases separate from the HFP aero kit.

...but the "chair rail analogy" was a good one.:thmsup:
Okay cool, hmmm I like the idea of them breaking up some sort of decal/paint scheme if I go that route :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts