Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I get the HFP Suspensions and drop my car 1", what else will I need? (I have a 2010 accord coupe EX)

Will I need a camber arm to keep my tires from wearing? I'm a total noob at this. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Only if your going beyond 1.5" drop... your good as is.

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
Many people will tell you need camber kit. I disagree. I've had my HFP suspension for well over a year and I see no issue AS LONG AS you rotate your tires every 5-6k miles (which you should anyway since it's FWD and it wears out front faster than rear).

Wait 2-3 wks after the install to let it settle a bit then get an alignment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies guys.

I just did more research and realized this might not work for me as I have a 4cylinder coupe.

HOWEVER, I did read about a few people on here with AUTOMATIC 4 cylinders and have noticed a slight drop with the HFP suspensions.

With that in mind, do you think I will notice this slight drop being that my car is a Manual 5s transmission car? In other words, is there a weight difference between the 4cylinder automatic and 4 cylinder manual?

(***by the way I'm only looking for a slight 1" drop if that)

·
lol wut
570 Posts
You can do it, but the dealer won't honor the warranty if you do put it on since it's designated for use on V6 models only. So at $600+ that's a pricey investment that doesn't include warranty..

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
You can do it, but the dealer won't honor the warranty if you do put it on since it's designated for use on V6 models only. So at $600+ that's a pricey investment that doesn't include warranty..
The spring rates will be wrong, the shock dampening will likely be wrong, and the front will sit higher than the back. I would go springs with the Koni shocks that are coming soon if you're like me and just want a mild drop and don't care about adjusting ride height and shock dampening or coils, maybe the Megan EZ Street or whatever they're called.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The spring rates will be wrong, the shock dampening will likely be wrong, and the front will sit higher than the back. I would go springs with the Koni shocks that are coming soon if you're like me and just want a mild drop and don't care about adjusting ride height and shock dampening or coils, maybe the Megan EZ Street or whatever they're called.
I would go with the springs, but I'm worried about my struts wearing too fast. Will the Koni shocks compensate for that?

·
NJDR
862 Posts
im on HFP and i love it .. all you need is the HFP kit and i would suggest just getting the 3 arm camber kit ... its not necessary but your better off .. i just have the 1 arm but plan on getting the toe and trailing arms soon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im on HFP and i love it .. all you need is the HFP kit and i would suggest just getting the 3 arm camber kit ... its not necessary but your better off .. i just have the 1 arm but plan on getting the toe and trailing arms soon
I would go HFP, but it doesn't work with the 4cylinder. :thumbsdow

·
lol wut
570 Posts
OP why don't you just get Eibach pro-kit springs for now then? And then just get Koni shocks later on when it comes out, or do both at the same time idk whichever you want. Pro-kit springs offer a little over a 1" drop all around. I think front is like 1.2" drop or something.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OP why don't you just get Eibach pro-kit springs for now then? And then just get Koni shocks later on when it comes out, or do both at the same time idk whichever you want. Pro-kit springs offer a little over a 1" drop all around. I think front is like 1.2" drop or something.
Will the Koni shocks allow my struts to last longer? Is there a release date for these shocks?

Thanks for the input guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts