Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Garbo1
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 V6 auto coupe and was thinking of getting the HFP suspension kit. Looks like 625.00 plus shipping is the best price that I have found. I was also thinking of swapping out the rear sway bar with the 22m Progressive bar. I plan on keeping the stock 18" wheels for now as I only have 14 K on the car. Looking for suggestions and opinions. Thanks

Attachments

·
Low Gear
2,324 Posts
If you are not looking for low (1" drop), HFP is the best (and best value) choice. If OEM look is what your plans are, go for it. There is no need to consider anything else.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
for that price buy Megan EZ coilovers. You adjust ride height as much as you want PLUS you adjust the damper control to how soft or stiff you want. it really doesnt make sense buying HFP plus you wont notice a 1 inch drop its useless

·
2012 Coupe V6 with Navi
193 Posts
I have HFP installed and also 19 HFP wheel...love the ride and drop and not bumpy...

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have HFP installed and also 19 HFP wheel...love the ride and drop and not bumpy...
Do you mind posting a picture?

·
2012 Coupe V6 with Navi
193 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an 08 full hfp accord. HFP suspension looks nice but you might want to go lower. Tein coils are really nice. HFP is realistic if you commute a lot like me. Nice ride handles well. Only drops 1 inch though.

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,327 Posts
I have no regrets with my HFP suspension, been running it for 4 years and almost 60k and have probably scraped my car only 7 or 8 times during that period. If you went with a good quality adjustable set of coilovers you would probably be equally happy.

·
BringTheIntegraBack
256 Posts
You will need a camber correction kit. Otherwise your car will eat tires. And no matter that the HFP suspension is said to be designed for the coupe specifically, the camber goes out of whack once the new assembly settles in.

·
Registered
49 Posts
625 dollars for the HFP suspension??? OMG thats stupid amount of money..

I am sorry but that's coil over money for barely any drop and replacement shocks..

If you dead set on HFP then just get the springs and put them on your stock shocks.. NO they won't blow and NO you don't need a camber kit..

Me personally will never buy a set of springs ever again.. Coil overs can be had for reasonable prices and give you way more options as far as ride height and overall ride IMO

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just bought my HFP kit last night.

I will admit that I was going between coilovers and the HFP kit. Cept my reason if different. My left rear spring is worn out and sagging so bad I am getting about .5 degree difference in camber.

Yes the HFP kit is $656. Honestly when it comes to a good quality suspension that is AWESOME! The competition on coilovers are Form Function, Blackworks, and Megan Racing, and Ksport. I have beaten Ksports.... set of coilovers. They failed me. Megan Racing, now I know its not the same thing, but a companies quality control is constant. It was decent on the catback but rusted on the flanges. I can't speak of the other two brands but they are to close in price for me.

Now when you got up to Tein, H&R, BC, Buddy Club, etc you get what you pay for. However, for a daily driver it will beat your ass from how tight of a car it will be. I also just bought the 22mm RSB from Progress last night. The rear was a little loose on turns. You will enjoy that upgrade.

And the HFP kit, it can look good. Not my car, but I found this while doing my research.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,157 Posts
625 dollars for the HFP suspension??? OMG thats stupid amount of money..

I am sorry but that's coil over money for barely any drop and replacement shocks..

If you dead set on HFP then just get the springs and put them on your stock shocks.. NO they won't blow and NO you don't need a camber kit..

Me personally will never buy a set of springs ever again.. Coil overs can be had for reasonable prices and give you way more options as far as ride height and overall ride IMO
I'd take the $625 HFP suspension over crappy $625 coilovers.

Don't need a camber kit? Quite a few people have actually needed them. You won't know for sure until you go get an alignment.

I had to do both camber, and toe arms in the rear to get it back to -1.3 deg of camber on my sedan. Camber arms alone only brought it back to -1.8 deg...

YMMV
Same. HFP put me at -3.1. Best to get it all done at once if possible since the camber kit installation will require realignment.
I got the SPC single arms, my rear camber is now-1.4 on both sides. I would say it's worth the money.

I did wait about 9 months after I got the HFP, it was obvious on my coupe it needed it.
I'm with DOOM. Even though this suspension is specifically designed for the coupe, rear camber ends up getting completely out of spec once installed. Need at least a 1-arm kit to get back within spec and keep your tires healthy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd take the $625 HFP suspension over crappy $625 coilovers.
I will put my used 600 coilovers (what I paid over 1k new ) up against a set of HFP springs anyday of the week..

people who run full camber kits with spring can't stand to have there suspension .00001 out of spec.. I cause I just don't under stand if your already willing to drop 8-9 in suspension what is a couple hundred more for a 100X better setup

and the ride of my coilovers doesn't get close to beating me up the biggest difference in ride for my is tires going from stock to a stretched 35 series..I DD my car on shitty roads and my car is far from being stiff and bounce just FYI...It rides damn near close to stock but a lot closer to the ground

Nothing wrong with a little camber.. it build character...:thmsup:

·
09 CBP Sedan V6 Navi
76 Posts
HFP suspension gives a excellent ride quality. Reason why I would I considered them vs. coil overs are dependability and wasn't looking for a slammed look just a subtle drop.

·
2012 Coupe V6 with Navi
193 Posts
HFP suspension gives a excellent ride quality. Reason why I would I considered them vs. coil overs are dependability and wasn't looking for a slammed look just a subtle drop.
I agree...the ride is excellent and great for everyday use..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got my HFP setup over 8 months ago and really enjoy how the car handles...one of my favourtite mods was the Acura TL-AWD Front SB + Progressive 22 Rear SB...complimented the HFP suspension and made the car feel more balanced, even during hard cornering.

·
Garbo1
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I installed the front of my HFP suspension today and then drove it over to a friends garage to complete the rear. The front was a piece of cake. The rear
needed two guys. I also installed a rear sway bar TL 19mm...I wish I would have went with the TL AWD 20mm but I was worried about clearance. I really liked the ride feels like a sports car now. The drop was close to a inch. Here are the before and after pics. Next I will get a alignment after a week to settle. I bought a 1 arm camber kit and will bring it with me when the car goes in for the Alignment. My buddy a Honda Mechanic for 25 years thinks I will not need them.

Before, after, and Front

Attachments

Reactions: LatinCT2

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can see that.. if you just want that I would just buy the springs that's all I was saying..
If you just buy springs, you WILL wear out your shocks. Ask me how I know.

I've had different sets of springs, and different types of coilovers ranging from $850-$1400. If a person does a lot of highway driving, HPF is the answer.

I've had a car (6th gen accord) with Function & Form Type 2.5, and they were awesome, but not for highway driving, it was too bouncy, no matter how soft the setting was.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is 100% my inspiration moving forward for my 14 coupe. This is going to be a daily driver used for commuting. With the 8/100k warranty on it, I don't want to mess around with alot of upkeep. Also, it's worth noting that I have the money and zero knowledge on what I'm doing mechanically.

Glad to see the HFP kit looking "low enough" when a good set of wheels on it. The V6 engine should help give a little extra drop on it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts