Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all! thought i'd create a thread to say hi, introduce myself and give you a little introduction (for those of you who are bored at work with nothing to do).

my name is majestic and i'm addicted to forums hah, thats an understatement. i come over here from clubrsx! i saw a couple members here with the same name they have over there, so if you see this, wattup! i had a brand new 2004 rsx type-s and it was stolen right out of my driveway back in aug 2008. 2 days after the fact, cops found it in the next town over, completely stripped. shortly after was when i went and got my pmm v6 sedan. first choice was the coupe, but money was tight at the time and because the 8thgen just came out, the lease terms weren't as good as the sedans.

so, happy that my lease is up next year (2011), i plan on finally getting the car i've been wanting.. a white 6-6 coupe w/navi (but i may opt for BBP for the black interior). how are insurance rates for the coupe though? i'm male turning 26 next week, no accidents, no tickets, nothing. i hope its not too bad. but then again, insuring the rsx was no joke, so i guess anything's better than that. im pretty sure insuring a ferrari is cheaper than insuring the rsx.

seeing that they're making changes to the appearance of the coupe starting on their 2011 models, i guess i might have to make a decision on whether or not i should buy new or look for a used 2010 model when it comes time for me to get the new car. lets see if the little cosmetic changes grow on me. nevertheless, my options are between '11 6-6 coupe, '10 6-6 coupe, or a '11 6spd tsx (only if insurance is too high on the coupes).

i've been reading on here for the past week or so. i dont know why i didn't sign up earlier, but i'm here now :salue:. i look forward to getting to know a lot of you and i look forward to my work days going by faster with another forum to help aid my ADD. i see a lot of NJ members here.. if any of you are in the north jersey area, :wave:. i apologize for the long post, but i just wanted to say hello :)

here's some pics of my old car, which i still haven't gotten over :(

·
Registered
594 Posts
Welcome,I have a white v6 auto I wish I wouldve went with the pmm tho and that ****s bout your rsx bro

·
Registered
222 Posts
I like the Recaro seats, nice choice.

I personally like the '10 look, but haven't seen the '11's in person so my opinion might change. The big difference between the two is the front grille and rear taillights.

Good luck! One final question - why not look into another rsx? Go used, buy the car, and make it what it want...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome,I have a white v6 auto I wish I wouldve went with the pmm tho and that ****s bout your rsx bro
the PMM is really nice when clean. i just see wayyyy too many of it around here. only thing i dont like about the white is the tan interior. i spent two days straight converting my rsx interior to black. dunno if i can do it again

I like the Recaro seats, nice choice.

I personally like the '10 look, but haven't seen the '11's in person so my opinion might change. The big difference between the two is the front grille and rear taillights.

Good luck! One final question - why not look into another rsx? Go used, buy the car, and make it what it want...
thanks! yea the front bumper is different too. i love the grill of the 2010s. not really feeling the tails of the '11s, but it might grow on me. the coupe is still a real nice looking car regardless.

i wish i could get another rsx. i would have bought another one already, but i still live in the same area and rsx's are getting stolen more and more. its fallen into the way of the type-r's and it ****s. i just hope the coupe won't start to get stolen too

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yea that's my only dislike bout my car and auto part of course lol

·
NJDR
862 Posts
nicee rsx bro forreal i dont like to many of them but yours is deff one of the nicest ive seen .. where u from in jersey?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea that's my only dislike bout my car and auto part of course lol
haha its all good. i neeeeed stick on my next car. i fall asleep driving this sedan around

nicee rsx bro forreal i dont like to many of them but yours is deff one of the nicest ive seen .. where u from in jersey?
thanks bro! appreciate it! i'm from jersey city and i work in the fort lee area. i'm down in edison/woodbridge pretty often too

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea tell me about it haha. no idea why they needed to bust the tails out, but oh well. its crazy because the week my car got stolen, i got my car "inspected" tuesday, brakes done on wednesday, pulled over on thursday, car stolen friday

·
Registered
851 Posts
im sorry to what happened to your rsx, welcome to the forum, i just wished the 2010 white coupe came with black interior or i would have waited till a dealership got it around me. so i ended up getting the polished metal metallic 6-6 and does that thing move! im shocked that the coupe does 0-60 in 5.8 while the auto does it in 7.3

·
Banned
259 Posts
Welcome, Damn that Rsx looks sick.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Funny enough I am at work, and I am bored, with nothing to do lol. I love the RSX, I was looking at the 2006 model before I purchased my coupe back in July. I had It narrowed down to the RSX the Colbalt SS and the Accord Coupe. Lets just thank god I did not get the Chevy lol. I have to say yours is/was one the the nicest RSX I have even seen espically in white, I love that color on the car. Sorry to hear about it getting stolen and stripped, it really does ****, I been there too with my last car. But welcome to DA! :wave: and good luck with the Honda!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im sorry to what happened to your rsx, welcome to the forum, i just wished the 2010 white coupe came with black interior or i would have waited till a dealership got it around me. so i ended up getting the polished metal metallic 6-6 and does that thing move! im shocked that the coupe does 0-60 in 5.8 while the auto does it in 7.3
wow, that's a pretty big discrepancy.. 1.5 sec difference???

has anyone here attempted to do a black interior swap ever?

Welcome, Damn that Rsx looks sick.
thanks! :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Funny enough I am at work, and I am bored, with nothing to do lol. I love the RSX, I was looking at the 2006 model before I purchased my coupe back in July. I had It narrowed down to the RSX the Colbalt SS and the Accord Coupe. Lets just thank god I did not get the Chevy lol. I have to say yours is/was one the the nicest RSX I have even seen espically in white, I love that color on the car. Sorry to hear about it getting stolen and stripped, it really does ****, I been there too with my last car. But welcome to DA! :wave: and good luck with the Honda!
haha thanks! thank god you didnt go with the cobalt! i hate those things lol. i cant wait til my lease is up and i can start looking to purchase the coupe. i might even trade in early if i have to. i just really wanna mod the coupe

your last car got stolen too? what did you have?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts