Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've been searching around the forums and have come across many different brand HIDs such ad ddm, retrosolutions, xenondepot, etc. But I was wondering what are are the different comparisons between the HIDs. I know ddm has cheap kits, but I was wondering if anyone could help me determine which HID kits are the best as well as their price.

·
Banned
4,419 Posts
DDM Tuning has lifetime warranty but cheap prices, but many members here use it. Not many negative reviews more positives.

Retrosolutions offers lifetime warranty too and comes with everything you want, also they support the true 55w HID kits. They come with a free relay harness or something like that I hear. Retrosolutions is here in the USA.

XenonDepot is almost the same as retrosolutions, basically you're paying more for an HID kit expect superb quality!~ Oh and XenonDepot is in Canada...

·
Vtec Pwr
513 Posts
It all depends on how deep your pockets are... I have DDM on low beams and raptor for fogs over a year now and no problems yet. Im sure retrosolutions are pbly the best in quality and all that but are also more expensive.

·
JDM=FAD
947 Posts
IMO, Retrosolutions tops all.

·
I snapped my G string....
3,865 Posts
It all depends on how deep your pockets are... I have DDM on low beams and raptor for fogs over a year now and no problems yet. Im sure retrosolutions are pbly the best in quality and all that but are also more expensive.
true that... I just got my kit from DDM and love it. It is very easy to install and only took me a little less than an hour. The only thing is that it took 2 week to get my kit because the kit is so cheap, they were on back order.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Retrosolutions ftw!!
Fast shipping and comes in a neat silver case.
I received mine in like 3 days.

·
1 UP
1,467 Posts
my ddm kit came in a day, works well and still going strong. i can illuminate all lanes in a freeway with my 55w hids, check out the link below to see.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Got my Kit from Xenon Depot, quality parts throughout, relay and gloves included. Great customer service too.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
ive used only prolumens and have only sold prolumens, been running them for 4 years on my 1 car and havent yet had a problem. i put them on my other 2 cars and no problem as well.
Hmmm, only available in Canada. :dunno:

·
This won't hurt a bit
564 Posts
Retro-solutions offers great kits, and if you use 'accord' at checkout it gives you 10% off.

Customer service is top notch and super fast shipping. I ordered my second kit late Thursday night and had them Monday morning.

Not to say ddm is bad, but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
let's not forget diode dynamics as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i just ordered from retrosolution 55watts 8000k for 151 dollars, cheaaahhhh boi

edit: you get a metal casing too, sold me on that lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Retrosolutions offers lifetime warranty too and comes with everything you want, also they support the true 55w HID kits. They come with a free relay harness or something like that I hear. Retrosolutions is here in the USA.
Have any1 ever claim a RS warranty? how did it goes? good or bad?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Any brand you hear from these forums will be good. These guys have tons of knowledge collectively. Just keep in mind that USUALLY the more expensive it is, the truer the White is. 4300k from TRS is pure white like you would see on 2013 BMWs. Whereas XenonDepots are more like the Acura HIDs (just a liiiiiiiitle bit of blue), DDMs usually have a noticeable blue hue- personally it was too blue for me. I've seen some really cheap ones look pure white while others look like ricer blue. Depends on your luck i guess.

I don't know about you, but I was really anal about that when I was shopping for HIDs. Hope this helps! I didn't have to pay for mine so I got the best of the best.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts