Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i wanted to installed HID in my headlights, which one would i use? high beam(9005) or low beam (H11) for 08 accord EX-L V6? ur helps is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Low beam only, high beams are used for DRL, HID don't work well and may in fact get damaged with the reduced voltage, plus the HID can't be used to quickly flashed as conventional halogen bulbs.

·
1 UP
1,467 Posts
lol... a sedan uses 9006 for its low beams, the h11's are for the coupes... don't buy the wrong set.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol... a sedan uses 9006 for its low beams, the h11's are for the coupes... don't buy the wrong set.
when i look it up online for the sedan, it said H11 low beam, 9005 high beam. i should go open it up to see for myself to see..

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
when i look it up online for the sedan, it said H11 low beam, 9005 high beam. i should go open it up to see for myself to see..
I'm nearly 100% certain Dangerous is right, even if it's only 6:12am West Coast time! :D

·
Registered
968 Posts
take it from people that have already done them. Most of the people on this site have HIDs already. The sedans take 9006 for low beams. Dont do the high beams. You will never use them.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
check out ur owners manual and look in the bulb replacement section

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'd also recommend you do not put a 55w kit on your sedan. Everyone coming towards you will be blinded!! (unless u have a retrofit then I'll shut up)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'd also recommend you do not put a 55w kit on your sedan. Everyone coming towards you will be blinded!! (unless u have a retrofit then I'll shut up)
I have 55w on the coupe and no1 gets mad at me.... idk

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have 55w on the coupe and no1 gets mad at me.... idk
b/c ur in a coupe and coupe's have projectors. Us 4dr owners do not (at least not stock)

·
1 UP
1,467 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
ohs... idk much about the sedans

·
Registered
968 Posts
i have 55w in mine and I have never been flashed at. I do get some light that shines up in the very center though but never to other drivers. I am looking to either get a full retro done you pick up a set of new headlights though.

·
Doc Mojo
1,499 Posts
OP:
if you're thinking of having "HID" for high beam capabilities, check my thread on bi-xenon projectors... it gives you low and high beam from the same projector.

also, i'd agree you should go for 55w HID when you have a projector... my 35w in my projector is much dimmer than my 35w fogs. Will prob need to upgrade sometime down the line.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cant even see the lamp plugs. its very well hidden on the side...so i'm going to have to take the bumper off? damn, that seems like alot of work.. debating now whether i should do it or not. so, for those of you who done it, how long does it take, and how difficult is it to take it off the bumper, i'm sure i can do, but really lazy and bc of the 100's temp outside. :D

p.s. i have my laser jammer heads installed in my grill, so when i take the bumper off, does the grill attach to the bumper? i'm talkin about the upper grill that is in the middle with the Honda emblem..i hate to have to remove my heads again and redo it...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
taking the bumper off can be kinda annoying... ive taken mine off my coupe 2 times... about to take it off a 3rd time in a week or 2... with knowing how it comes off and a car jack (not necessary but helps alot so u dont have to crawl around so much) it takes me about 20 min to take it off... the first time with a DIY took me about 45 min and i broke several of the clips... luckily i planned ahead and ordered extra clips cuz i knew they break easily...and yes the grille is attached

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
taking the bumper off can be kinda annoying... ive taken mine off my coupe 2 times... about to take it off a 3rd time in a week or 2... with knowing how it comes off and a car jack (not necessary but helps alot so u dont have to crawl around so much) it takes me about 20 min to take it off... the first time with a DIY took me about 45 min and i broke several of the clips... luckily i planned ahead and ordered extra clips cuz i knew they break easily...and yes the grille is attached
oh damn, thats not what i wanted to hear.. lol. i broke one of the clip on cover that is on the front part of the engine, but it still holds. so where do you order the clips front, i think i better prepare myself for that too..:D

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
oh damn, thats not what i wanted to hear.. lol. i broke one of the clip on cover that is on the front part of the engine, but it still holds. so where do you order the clips front, i think i better prepare myself for that too..:D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...r_id=118359110144&ua=WVF?&itemid=140359912559

this is a pack of 15 for $8 shipped.. unless you break every one and then a couple repeatedly you should be fine lol.. hold onto your extras in case u want to take her off again

Also here

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22469&highlight=remove+front+bumper+sedan

this should help

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 22 Posts