Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Hid error code...411

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  sodaks2k 
#1 ·
I just put in a new HID 8000K kit in my automobile and when I turned on my car my radio didn't turn on and I have to put in some error code...

I NEED HELP.:notworthy

#2 ·
It is NOT an HID Error Code.

You need your radio anti-theft code because you must have disconnected the battery to install the HID capsules which caused the radio to loose its anti-theft code.

#3 ·
Is this a general honda code or what, cause I opted for the anti-theft unit. So do I put in that code.

#4 ·
There is an unique code for each radio, well actually not every radio but there are enough permutations of this code to foil average thieves, you should have a code in the owner's package documentation telling you what that code is for the radio in your car.

Read the owner's manual, this information (but not the code) is all in there.

#7 ·
i think that is your radio code man.
should check your manual and just input the code.
8000K ? is it legal in the states? i think even phillips or osram only made up to 6000K light? what is the accord standard anyway? mine has a HID as standard, but i never pay attention to it.

#9 ·
All aftermarket HID kits are illegal when installed in halogen housings. OEM HIDs are 4300K. 8000K is definitely illegal, as is his installation in halogen housings. If you have an Accord, then your HID kit is not OEM because Honda does not offer any vehicle with HIDs as factory equipment. Installing aftermarket HIDs also voids the warranty on the vehicle's electrical system due to the excessive power draw.

#8 ·
I found it this morning on the manual...THANKS GUYS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.