Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2013 accord sport cvt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 2013 Accord sport. I really did love the touring headlights are way too expensive so I settled for 5k HID's. I had 6k on my Civic Si I noticed after some time the head light you started to distort . But it was not due to any moisture. One of my friends told me the HID do that to the inside of the headlight housing. I figured since the Civic did not have any projector lens it could damage the inside. After having my HID's in for about 2 days on 5he accord I noticed that the headlight of the Accord started doing the same thing very very slightly.

My question is, is there any way to prevent that? And how about you guys I've had a hids for a while now have you guys noticed anything?

·
2013 Accord Sport 6MT
120 Posts
How exactly is it distorting? Housing melting? Light flickering? I guess pictures will help in this case.

Also what bulb and ballast are you using?

I have the Morimoto 5k bulbs with the Zenex ballast with no problems so far (besides having to replace a failed ballast). My lights have no distortion to mention.

·
6MT JUNKIE
719 Posts
I recently got a 2013 Accord sport. I really did love the touring headlights are way too expensive so I settled for 5k HID's. I had 6k on my Civic Si I noticed after some time the head light you started to distort . But it was not due to any moisture. One of my friends told me the HID do that to the inside of the headlight housing. I figured since the Civic did not have any projector lens it could damage the inside. After having my HID's in for about 2 days on 5he accord I noticed that the headlight of the Accord started doing the same thing very very slightly.

My question is, is there any way to prevent that? And how about you guys I've had a hids for a while now have you guys noticed anything?

Same 5500k hid TRS morimoto kit no issues and ive had it since jan.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I know what you're talking about. The chrome/reflector part looks cloud due to the HIDs. I went with a quality HID from TRS. 35w 5k I was going to buy the 55w but thought of the damage.

·
Supporting Vendor
636 Posts
I'd suggest buying a 35 watt HID kit. The extra output of the 55 watt isn't worth the risk of melting your housing + the bulbs won't last nearly as long

Nick C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts