Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new here I just rencently purchased a 2010 PMM coupe. I am loving it but I have decided for my first modification, I would go with the HID installation at 6k or 6.5k

But the problem is I dont know which one to buy or where to buy it from. any links you guys can give me?

thanks

If you guys can, can you guys leave the link where i just have to pay?

- I searched around and most said they are paying around $90-$100

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I got mine from DDM tuning with a lifetime warranty 2 years ago and haven't had a single problem. They were 60 bucks back then, and are down to only 35 now for the slim ballast kit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you nighthawkcoupe!
umm can you give me information on how i should purchase this?

Wattage: 35watt or 55watt?

Bulb type: which one do i get?

·
Rockstar
97 Posts
thank you nighthawkcoupe!
umm can you give me information on how i should purchase this?

Wattage: 35watt or 55watt?

Bulb type: which one do i get?
good question. I'm also getting an HID kit and i don't know what bulb type to get. But I do hear that we should get a 35 watt.

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
1,015 Posts
Since you're just doing a PnP, I believe an H11 bulb. If you ever do a retrofit, it would have to be a D2S bulb.

Watts, 35w unless you have a retrofit with a projector meant for HIDs. 55w would just be too intense on a halogen-based system and have a greater risk of glaring and blinding others.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
The Accord coupe uses an H11 bulb for the low beams. You will need to use a relay harness when installing an HID kit on your vehicle to ensure that the ballasts receive a constant 12V. Make sure you read some feedback on the boards before jumping into something solely based on price.

Steve

·
Registered
50 Posts
4.5k 55w and 3k 35w fog ddmturing on mine. very useful in fog and bad weather. it's like a wall of light driving down the street. lol.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hey guys im new here I just rencently purchased a 2010 PMM coupe. I am loving it but I have decided for my first modification, I would go with the HID installation at 6k or 6.5k

But the problem is I dont know which one to buy or where to buy it from. any links you guys can give me?

thanks

If you guys can, can you guys leave the link where i just have to pay?

- I searched around and most said they are paying around $90-$100
You can't buy solely on price, if you do you'll end up with the bottom of the barrel DC output ballasts, whatever was the cheapest thing shipping out of Hong Kong that month. Not to say you couldn't pay more for the same thing elsewhere full of empty promises as well, but going as cheap as possible is a sure fire way of upping your chance to disappointment.
We offer a full line of HID products in levels of quality, longevity, reliability from $45 to $132 per kit so you choose what is important to you at the amount you want to spend.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm getting ready to buy from ddmtuning myself.. they have a lifetime guarantee, so that makes me happy. Shipping cost is very reasonable too.

Looking to get 35w 5K HID with the relay harness and using the DIY thread on it for our cars specifically.

Will let you know how it goes

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i thought for 35 dollars it comes with the relay harness?
does it not? can you tell me how much the final cost was? haha
thank you!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
you must order the relay harness separately..it costs a little over 10 dollars extra, which is worth it IMHO.

After shipping is 15 dollars on top of that. Very well worth it for that upgraded look!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts