Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Anyone buy hid kit for their 2015 accord coupe? Did you buy from xenondepot or retro-solutions? Let me know your thoughts where to buy. Also interior and exterior led lighting.

Thanks

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
There is a SURPLUS of posts in regard to HID kit installations on a 9th Generation Accord.

I personally don't advise you to install an HID kit into your car without doing a proper HID projector retrofit, but I will recommend you a kit -- Innovited.

·
Registered
135 Posts
do you recommend using LED for the low beam headlights?

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
do you recommend using LED for the low beam headlights?
Personally, no. Not in our cars... I'd use a LED DRL but not for a low beam. Would be nice to do a proper LED projector retrofit (if that even exists for the 8G) but I'm highly satisfied with my MH1s :cool:
I've heard of retrofits being done with the 9G Accords... swapping a non V6/Touring headlight with one from a V6/Touring Accord, because they have LED DRL. But even still, that's DRL and not low beam. You'd have to do some sort of retrofit from current-gen MDX or TLX or something, I reckon, which surpasses any justifiable cost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a pair of HID and ballast from retro-solutions before and installed them on my 08 accord coupe without retro fitting. It seems to work fine for the 5 years I had it. Are the 2015 models different?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Any car that uses a halgoen bulb will not maximize the benefit of an HID bulb, without swapping to an HID specific projector or reflector housing. Will swapping an HID bulb into an halgoen housing make light? Yes, but at the sacrifice of poor light distribution and blinding of on coming traffic. Most people want to get the most from upgrades and in our cars when it comes to headlights you really have two options: a retrofit or swapping to a housing from a Touring model.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
We have had many customers install our XenonDepot HID kits on the Accord. The bulbs are laser aligned to keep the focal point in the same place as the halogen bulb and our kits are 35W which helps reduce glare for oncoming drivers. Make sure you use the coupon code "DA" at checkout to save $25 off on the HID kit. It would also get you a free relay harness if you order the Volt kit.

John

·
Registered
493 Posts
We have had many customers install our XenonDepot HID kits on the Accord. The bulbs are laser aligned to keep the focal point in the same place as the halogen bulb and our kits are 35W which helps reduce glare for oncoming drivers.

John
Not to be rude or disrespectful, but do you have something to back that up? From links in your sig, it appears this "laser alignment" has long been advertised by you guys (since 2008 or earlier), yet I've never heard of them and I'd think they'd be a magical discovery or something if they truly ensured proper beam pattern.

HID bulbs in the halogen housing on the Accord have some glare spots up high that do not exist when the std-spec halogen bulbs are run. Are you saying that these spots do not exist with the bulbs that you sell, and if so, do you have some photos or video to show it?

I'm kinda skeptical.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
nickmv: Your stock headlights allow a slight amount of light to bleed upwards in order to illuminate overhead signs. When installing an HID kit, this light bleed is still existent, as the kit replicates your stock beam pattern (which still had light bleed). All we are saying, is that your stock beam pattern is replicated with our HID kit installed, as the focal point of the HID bulb is sitting in the same spot as the focal point of the halogen bulb. You will also not experience any ground shadows due to an improperly positioned return wire -- as is the case with other HID kits.

I'm not looking to get into a a debate as to whether HID kits should, or shout not be used as there are may threads about this subject on the board. If you want proof, reviews, before / after pictures, or any feedback about our products then please feel free to use the "Search feature" on the board, as there are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of drive accord members that have posted about our product.

Steve

·
Registered
493 Posts
nickmv: Your stock headlights allow a slight amount of light to bleed upwards in order to illuminate overhead signs. When installing an HID kit, this light bleed is still existent, as the kit replicates your stock beam pattern (which still had light bleed). All we are saying, is that your stock beam pattern is replicated with our HID kit installed, as the focal point of the HID bulb is sitting in the same spot as the focal point of the halogen bulb. You will also not experience any ground shadows due to an improperly positioned return wire -- as is the case with other HID kits.

I'm not looking to get into a a debate as to whether HID kits should, or shout not be used as there are may threads about this subject on the board. If you want proof, reviews, before / after pictures, or any feedback about our products then please feel free to use the "Search feature" on the board, as there are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of drive accord members that have posted about our product.

Steve
Totally understood and I certainly didn't wanna beat a dead horse with the debate. I was just curious if I had somehow missed out on a better product when I got some HID's back at Xmas-time. Sounds like they're about the same as the others in terms of the whole beam pattern discussion.

Thanks for the explanation, and cheers!

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Most beam patterns are very similar. The biggest difference you will find between the kits are:

(1) Quality of the actual components (bulb and ballasts) -- VERY wide range of quality available.

(2) Proper color (kelvin) ratings: Some vendors do not accurately rate their kits, so while you may order a 5000k kit, you end up getting a 6000k kit. Alternatively some kits have bluer 5000k, or whiter 5000k - but there is really only one 5000k (I'm just using 5000k as an example)

(3) Bulb matching - It is normal to have a slight variance in color between two bulbs, but you will find that some bulb manufacturers do a poor job at matching bulbs, which translates into multi-color headlights

(4) Bulb base - There is one more then one base manufacturer... Some vendors lump some bases into one i.e.: 9005, 9006, h10, 9012 all use the same base which means that there *may* be fitment issues in some cases. XenonDepot uses IEC standard bases to ensure proper fitment.

Those are just some of the few things to consider...

Steve

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a set of discontinued Morimoto D2S 3Five DSP Ballasts and Morimoto XB 4500k bulbs and harness I will sell cheap if you are interested. All you will need are the D2S to AMP adaptors.

Reactions: teezythakidd

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a SURPLUS of posts in regard to HID kit installations on a 9th Generation Accord.

I personally don't advise you to install an HID kit into your car without doing a proper HID projector retrofit, but I will recommend you a kit -- Innovited.
Hey, new to this forum and figuring it all out. But saw you recommended H10 HID bulbs there but the stickied light thread says low beams are H11's and so does that manual. Just confused as to which HID bulb is proper for the 2DR EX.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts

Hey, new to this forum and figuring it all out. But saw you recommended H10 HID bulbs there but the stickied light thread says low beams are H11's and so does that manual. Just confused as to which HID bulb is proper for the 2DR EX.
I didn't recommend H10 bulbs, I recommended that particular kit. The H10 bulbs show up by default on the page because that's how Amazon has it listed I guess. Low beams in the coupe are H11.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn't recommend H10 bulbs, I recommended that particular kit. The H10 bulbs show up by default on the page because that's how Amazon has it listed I guess. Low beams in the coupe are H11.
Oh, alright. I just wanted to make sure that you didn't intentionally link to the H10's knowing something that I didn't.
Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts